OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shoutout to Greg Gwaltney

Started by Candyman, April 14, 2024, 02:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

I got a Delrin trumpet from Greg a few weeks ago. It's the easiest to draw trumpet I have. I have MG so I'm not as strong as I was a few years ago and drawing on a trumpet isn't as easy as it used to be. I know you don't draw hard but trust me it's different for me. Anyway I have been using the trumpet and calling in hens- which tells me the call sounds like a turkey. I finally found a gobbler I could work and I killed him this morning. Many thanks to Greg for his patience with my questions and his work to build me a heck of a trumpet. If you are interested in a Delrin trumpet give Greg a shout.  One of his wooden ones is next on my list.

GregGwaltney

Thanks Candyman, appreciate the kind words and very happy to see you had some success.......posting this pic from Candyman, congrats, beautiful bird.

gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

turkey stew

Congrats to you both! Nice to have birds taken with your horns!

boatpaddle

Congratulations.
That is a beautiful gobbler.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Greg Massey

Nice gobbler congrats and Greg makes a killer trumpet ...

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Mathews.1

Greg makes an excellent trumpet. Congratulations on your bird

Yoder409

CONGRATS on a great bird using a fine instrument !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

REBELYELL

Congratulations Fred. That's a dandy MS gobbler.

Spitten and drummen

Greg's a stand up guy and makes a fine trumpet that I would put up against any call maker out there trumpets. They play easy and are effective on birds. I know this first hand. I have more trumpets than should be allowed and several from top tier , highly sought after trumpets out there. Sometimes guys that don't have the connections are overlooked. Trumpets are coming on strong and everybody is jumping on the wagon turning them. They are not all created equal. Greg's are legit. Take it for what it's worth. Just giving credit where credit is due. Congrats on a fine trumpet from a good guy and on your bird.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Zobo

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 15, 2024, 12:05:17 AM
Greg's a stand up guy and makes a fine trumpet that I would put up against any call maker out there trumpets. They play easy and are effective on birds. I know this first hand. I have more trumpets than should be allowed and several from top tier , highly sought after trumpets out there. Sometimes guys that don't have the connections are overlooked. Trumpets are coming on strong and everybody is jumping on the wagon turning them. They are not all created equal. Greg's are legit. Take it for what it's worth. Just giving credit where credit is due. Congrats on a fine trumpet from a good guy and on your bird.

I couldn't agree more! Greg's work is every bit as good as the most acclaimed makers.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

greentrout

I also have one of Greg's delrin trumpets and it's by far my favorite of all I have. A very fine caller indeed. Congratulations on the bird!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Les C

I have a few of Greggs trumpets, they have great sound, looks, and playability. Greg is also a great guy to deal with

aclawrence

I just got one too!  It's a player for sure and I'll be carrying mine to the woods in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will

They certainly look sharp and I know they play well! Great pick up.