OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Factory full choke and TSS

Started by bvoss, April 12, 2024, 02:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bvoss

Anybody shoot a flush factory full choke and TSS9's? What kind of pattern are you getting if so? Will be out of a Franchi 20 gauge.

crow

In a CZ Bob white 20ga. Their factory full patterned very good, almost equal to a Truloc flush .581 turkey choke . And both of those chokes had center core patterns not much less than Truloc  .571 ext. And  Carlsons .575 extended  chokes.      I'd try your  factory  full before buying  anything.

DocHolliday

While not a factory full choke, I recently set up a Browning BPS 21" with a Trulock Full (extended). The intent was to get a good HUNTING pattern, that is, I was willing to sacrifice some extra numbers at 40 for a good 15"+ pattern at 20. I tried ImpMod and Full. The full did everything I was after.

TrackeySauresRex

Not factory either.
28" Browning Bps, Trulock .585 flush. 8-1/2" ninja's @40  :blob10:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

bvoss

Just shot my factory full and a Carlson .575 today. Factory full put 208 in the 10" at 40. The .575 put 260. These were both out of dirty barrels.

BrowningGuy88

I have used both modified and full in 20 gauges. They both work.

We have a Moss 500 22" barrel that does almost 300 with flush factory chokes. I actually have the modified in it shooting 1-5/8 ounce of 9's.

bvoss

That's impressive! I like the idea of doing a flush choke just to keep the barrel shorter and easier to handle.

Ranman

I use the Carlson's.575 in my Franchi 20ga.. TSS#9