OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Ultimate 20 gauge Turkey

Started by lvetgas, April 10, 2024, 03:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvetgas

Anyone had enough experience with the Beretta 20 gauge turkey A300 ultima to recommend it?  I have seen one post of a nice pattern, but cannot find any other real world experiences. 

Also, how close is the point of impact to the point of aim using the factory front bead?

Does the picatinny rail position work good with a Burrus red dot? Or is it too high with a red dot.

Doubledup

I have the ultima 20 and I installed a Trijicon RMR on the picatinny rail. It's perfect. I am not sure about the Burris scope. If you go on YouTube and search "blue collar outdoors" he's done a ton of reviews on that gun.
I am very happy with the pattern I got using the Carlsons longbeard choke .568 and LBs #6. I can't post my pics for whatever reason but very impressed for regular shells. I have no intentions on shooting TSS simply because the cost is not worth it to me.

Turkeybutt

I have one I am very happy with.
I posted a photo of what I am getting out of it so you have some idea.
When I first received my gun I wasn't happy with the random non-tapped holes drilled in the top of the receiver. When I called Beretta I was told the holes were for a "Future Sight Mount".
Knowing every-time I looked at these holes I would be irritated I had them tapped and plugged with a rail installed over them so I wouldn't see them.
Other than that I like the one I have!   

Doubledup

Nice pattern. If I can figure out how to convert my pics so I can post I have patterns with #6 longbeards with Carlson LB choke. Very good also for guys who don't want to shoot TSS. Where I hunt we can't shoot over 7 1/2 shot.
The holes come all plugged except the one and I have no idea why. It's not tapped like the others. That's annoying to me.

backcast88

whats the overall weight on these 24" barrel a300's?  I can't find an accurate weight online for these and am looking at adding one next season. But i want it to be light or else it kind of defeats the point on a 20ga for me.

Turkeybutt