turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Georgia folks

Started by ChiefBubba, April 03, 2024, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefBubba

Doing a cross country trip from Florida. I need to spend the night in GA someplace. Hope to get north of Atlanta on the first day. Ideas on what town to stay in along 75? Bubba

Ctate94

If you want to get north of Atlanta but not too far Marriott in acworth

Ctate94

I'd recommend getting to at least Cobb Co or further north.

Tnandy

If you could make it to Calhoun, you could visit Buc-Ee's lol. Fill'er up and get you some brisket on the board or a Texas cheesesteak burrito

Sixes

Anywhere past the I 575 split will be OK to stay.

squidd

A bit of a hijack Bubba - Does anyone take the bypass or go straight through Atlanta?

ChiefBubba

Quote from: squidd on April 03, 2024, 09:02:08 PM
A bit of a hijack Bubba - Does anyone take the bypass or go straight through Atlanta?

Actually a good question too. Now I'm trying to figure out how to avoid rush hour. Bubba

Bedge7767

Quote from: squidd on April 03, 2024, 09:02:08 PM

Bypass and the best time to go through there is 3 to 4 in the morning.
Jim

Sixes

Never take the bypass when on I 75 (no big trucks allowed inside the perimeter without business). Only take the bypass when you are going to go east or west (I 85, I20, 400).

If more than one person, run the HOV lanes

Rush hours are roughly 630-930 AM and 330-730 in the evenings depending on accidents.

If you have a peach pass or equivalent pass, use it, it's worth the few bucks no matter the time of day.

Best times to get through ATL is before 6 AM and after 8PM. 10 AM to 3 PM is decent, but verify the Braves schedule as their stadium is right off 75 north of the 75/285 merge

ChiefBubba

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'm going to leave early and get north of Atlanta by 1500. Drive until I'm tired. There's a Holiday inn express across the street from BassPro in Acworth maybe check that out. Bubba

Tnandy

There is also a Bass Pro in the edge of Chattanooga. But to me, it is a tad smaller than other ones

Old Gobbler

Make sure.....if your passing through Atlanta,  that Atlanta is in the rear view mirror to later than 2pm ...the traffic is totally insane there
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

3bailey3

Shannon could you imagine being a UPS driver there?

Prospector

Been thru Atlanta a couple times- last time I went thru I told my wife if I did it again just plan to buy a house on whatever side we were on bc I would not do it again! It's not even big city traffic, it's a whole nother level of insane. Have decided there is nothing there I need. If all the gobblin turkeys were east of Atlanta.... they'd be safe from me/ I'd just watch YouTube....
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

Boykin Hollow

My next door neighbor is a ups driver there.  he leaves home every day before noon to drive a semi in Atlanta,  gets home about 12 hours later.