OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 sided box, Like Lynch Fool Proof

Started by KRW, March 16, 2024, 08:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRW

As most old Turkey Hunters, You can get set in your ways. Started hunting 30? Yrs ago. Friend told Me to buy Lynch Fool Proof, Lynch Jet Slate, and a Primos True Double. I switched over to a True Double II 20 yrs ago and have never looked back. That was great advice!!
  I broke that box 2 yrs back. Maybe it was luck of the draw but that was one great box!!!  Could hit high notes for locating on windy days and had a very nice 2 tone quiet yelp
  Have gone through 5 in last 2 years. Aint found one worth carrying yet
  I want to find custom call maker that "duplicates" one-sided Fool Proof style. I don't know about different woods, would leave that up to Him. I just want it to hit higher frequency for windy days but want a really nice 2-tone yelp
  Who would yall rrcommend Me to contact?
Thank You!!  KRW

ol bob

Tony Quarino (Sportsmans Variety) NC, makes a great one sider.

Yoder409

Probably the best sounding Lynch Fool Proof that I've run was a recent variation called a "Lady Lynch".  I think it was marketed to appeal to female hunters.  And I don't have it nearby at the moment.  I can't remember, for sure, the wood combo.  But, you can find them on eBay fairly regularly.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Prohunter3509

Used a foolproof for years bought it in 80
And 2 years ago it disappeared. That thing was sweet a death to a lot of turkeys. The latest ones I wouldn't take to the woods.  I build my own now so I use them

KRW

Just bot a Lady Lynch off Ebay. Will give it a whirl!!
Thks for advice

Yoder409

:TrainWreck1:
Quote from: KRW on March 16, 2024, 12:52:05 PM
Just bot a Lady Lynch off Ebay. Will give it a whirl!!
Thks for advice

:icon_thumright:

Hope it runs as well as the one I have.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

greentrout

I would check with Jeff White. He builds a great box call and had posted some one siders not long ago that sounded great!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.