OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Long box

Started by ScottTaulbee, March 14, 2024, 10:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

My Ron Clough long box I've had for several years has been giving me issues, and it looks like I might be in the market for a new one soon. Without spending 200+$, who would you all recommend?. I've been looking at Roger Parks, Dave Halloran, Ed Terenfencko, and Mark Allen Six. All seem to be in the 135 to 175$ range. Do y'all have any other suggestions or preference for any of the guys listed?. Suggestions on wood combo's?. I'm not a box call guy by any means but looking to expand my horizons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwp0020

Message Pete Williams on Facebook and tell him you want a Screamin' Hen.  Donnie Gallahar is making long boxes the way that they used to make them when Doug Camp was still alive. 

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: jwp0020 on March 14, 2024, 10:35:00 AM
Message Pete Williams on Facebook and tell him you want a Screamin' Hen.  Donnie Gallahar is making long boxes the way that they used to make them when Doug Camp was still alive. 

Is there any way to contact him off of facebook?. I don't use it

jwp0020

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on March 14, 2024, 10:35:48 AM
Quote from: jwp0020 on March 14, 2024, 10:35:00 AM

Is there any way to contact him off of facebook?. I don't use it

Let me reach out to him and get a phone number for you. 

Spring Creek Calls

Jeff White, this box would be a good one. He's on here.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

paboxcall

Ralph Snodgrass probably has a few available. Snodgrass was included in Earl Mickel's book.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

wolfman

I'll second Jeff White.  Won one of his NWTF auction calls and was looking at buying one off of his website.  Very affordable long boxes.

Jfowler82

I'd check with Ernie Fetters !

bowbird87

I have one on the way from Ernie Fetters. Messaged him at 8am by 4pm the same that box was in the mail. $140 shipped can't beat that for a fine box today.

Scott Witter makes a great box his bloodwood/butternut will be my carry call this year. Sam thing spits feathers and he's excellent to deal with.