OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cheaper Trumpets

Started by 28 gauge Hunter, March 10, 2024, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randywallace

"Cheaper" is a relative term.

You might check with Doug Morgan in Brandon or Daryl Slaton in TN.  Let them know you are looking for a hunting grade caller.

Loyalist84

Another vote for Mr. Mero, he builds a wonderful instrument at a price a working man can afford.

ltprod

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merocustomcalls

I have a couple ready to go at the moment, Cocobolo and Ebony.  $125

greentrout

Pick which one you think looks better and you will be set with either of those!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

packmule

Quote from: merocustomcalls on March 16, 2024, 04:34:06 PM

That's a steal, Brian's trumpets are excellent!

blackfalcon

Quote from: packmule on March 16, 2024, 05:16:20 PM
Quote from: merocustomcalls on March 16, 2024, 04:34:06 PM

That's a steal, Brian's trumpets are excellent!
That is a good deal..Brian's calls play very easy. Daryl Slaton make some very easy running calls that sound great too. Save your money and invest it in a good tool and if you decide down the road a trumpet isn't for you it will sell much more easily. It is a lot easier to learn how to play a trumpet if you start with one that is well made

28 gauge Hunter

Thanks guys for the input, I have a Nice one now made by Andy Terrell that's Ebony I believe . Just wanted to try one cheaper and see if it's any difference between them.  Thanks

deadbuck

I have a Billy Buice that I cant get good enough to kill a turkey with. I also just bought a $25.99 Conewago call off EBAY that I suspect will kill a bird very soon. The Buice is too hard to pull air through( I bought the 2 mouthpiece set with the call), and this EBAY call will get loud easy. I realize the EBAY call will never be worth more than $25.99, but it will hunt for me.

turkey stew

No need to get loud on a trumpet! A gobbler can hear so much better than humans.

Haypatch

Doug Morgan  in Ms makes a fine turmpet!  Brown Tie Turkey Call Company

n3vhr

I bought a Permar Improved Jordan Yelper a couple of years ago and I really like it. I also bought a Preston Pittman trumpet. I like it also. Neither of these calls cost too much. Hard to find the Pittman call, but Midwest Turkey Calls has several for around $55.00. I just bought 2 off of eBay for around $25.00 each for my two granddaughters. They actually sound pretty good. I would take any of these calls in the woods.  The Permar Jordan is my favorite that I have.

n3vhr

I forgot that I also bought a Mosses Creek Wing Wood call within the last month. I paid $30.00 for it.  My neighbor up the street has a couple of toms that I call to and both of those birds will gobble back to the Mosses Creek call quicker than any if my other trumpet calls.

Model 37

That Mosses Creek Wing Wood is a good call. I got one last year to learn on and I really like it and the turkeys do too. First time I used it I killed a 23 lb double beard.