turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cheaper Trumpets

Started by 28 gauge Hunter, March 10, 2024, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snood Life

I learned on a Daryl Gosey trumpet. He is on here NCBowjunkie64 (I think that is his user name.) last trumpet I bought from him was sub 100.

Brian Mero also makes an affordable easy playing trumpet. He just got inducted into the NWTF hall of fame. Think he goes by merocustomcalls.

Best advice I can give you.... Stay away. There isn't an addiction like a trumpet addiction.

Big Jeremy

Quote from: turkey stew on March 10, 2024, 10:52:15 PM
DES trumpets on this site.
I'll second this for a great sounding, affordable call. Gene oughta be charging more than he does. Good feller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

davisd9

Check with Brian Mero. He is very affordable.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Toddmann

Quote from: Brianb3006 on March 10, 2024, 10:43:48 PM
Todd Black has some. Very easy to play. I'll send you his contact info.
Where are you in Mississippi?
'BB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Brian! Great meeting you this weekend at MossyOak store!

Meleagris gallopavo

Trumpets that are as inexpensive as they get and play well would be Brian Lawter's in NC. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

hpo

Quote from: greentrout on March 10, 2024, 10:12:24 PM
And I carry a Permar improved Jordan style in my bag every hunt. Not sure if he has any available but it's a no brainer at $65 or so.

Concur
Shoot'em in the Face!

Zobo

Trumpets are more expensive in general, just keep that in mind. I wouldn't recommend eBay. You are better off spending 200 for a Misfire or Mero than taking a stab in the dark on EBay. It's not a sector of the turkey call market for the very price sensitive unfortunately, especially these days. A Permar Jordan is a no brainer if you can get one.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Wasp

You should check out a wingwood.  They are $20 or so and you can learn to run a trumpet without sinking a bunch of money into it.  Fair warning, trumpets are an addiction that seem to start off slow until you find yourself at the Unicoi ATM.

bwhana

Quote from: Wasp on March 12, 2024, 11:57:58 PM
You should check out a wingwood.  They are $20 or so and you can learn to run a trumpet without sinking a bunch of money into it.  Fair warning, trumpets are an addiction that seem to start off slow until you find yourself at the Unicoi ATM.
Says the man who had to wait in line at the ATM at Unicoi!

I gave a friend of ours a wingwood because he has not been able to use his Lewis Stowe to his satisfaction.  He instantly sounded decent and really sounds great on the wingwood now that he has been practicing.  Not knocking the Stowe, but the wingwood is an obvious good starter for someone wanting to try on the cheap.

Zobo

I'll buy the Stowe if he doesn't want it.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Bedge7767

Jim

davisd9

Quote from: Zobo on March 13, 2024, 09:31:44 PM
I'll buy the Stowe if he doesn't want it.

Add me to the list.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: Zobo on March 11, 2024, 07:45:47 PM
Trumpets are more expensive in general, just keep that in mind. I wouldn't recommend eBay. You are better off spending 200 for a Misfire or Mero than taking a stab in the dark on EBay. It's not a sector of the turkey call market for the very price sensitive unfortunately, especially these days. A Permar Jordan is a no brainer if you can get one.

Buying a bunch of trumpets can add up quickly when you can save and buy one with a good reputation. Strong advice here!