OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 23”bbl/ Federal TSS 9’s

Started by Longshanks, March 05, 2024, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Rem 870 (chrome lined barrel) Have the Remington SF .665 and the Remington XF .687. What would you guys recommend shooting out of this set up with Fed TSS 9's for a good hunting pattern? Shooting double beads so not trying to shoot a hot core pattern.

Vintage

Longshanks

Rem SF .665 and the Federal TSS 9's it is. This choke shoots several loads well out of this gun.
Hevi 13 .662 and Hevi 3/2/7's shoots 230+ out of this gun as well.

Gman

Quote from: Longshanks on March 05, 2024, 06:09:57 PM
Rem 870 (chrome lined barrel) Have the Remington SF .665 and the Remington XF .687. What would you guys recommend shooting out of this set up with Fed TSS 9's for a good hunting pattern? Shooting double beads so not trying to shoot a hot core pattern.

May I ask, Did you have the bore chrome lined?

Longshanks

It came chrome lined from Carlson. Made for a great patterning REM 870. Had to change the beads that came on the barrel but other than that it's been excellent.

bbcoach

I was going to say, that .665 would create a really hot pattern in that Remmy with the TSS.  Since you went with the Hevi #7's that .665 or the .662 is the way to go.  I shoot the Hevi 7's in my 835 with a .670 Pure Gold and it's LIGHTS OUT if I do my job.  300 plus at 40 for me.  The 7's will do ALL you need in that Remmy.  GREAT CHOICE IMO!!!

Longshanks

Been hunting thick timber and using the Rem870/ SF .665 and XX HV 3" lead 5's. Most shots inside 30yds. Have the Federal TSS in my pocket.