OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

one lucky buck

Started by dirt road ninja, July 12, 2011, 04:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

Below is a picture of a buck that was very active in front of the camera. I had been getting pic's of him all september and October, but chose not to hunt him. I was going to try and put my son on him for youth weekend. He was like a clock, I had a ground blind set up and he was showing up at least twice a day in great shooting light. 2 weeks before youth weekend my brother in law hung a climber about 150 yards from my blind (he had no Idea the blind or the deer was there). 30 min after climbing in the stand "pretty buck" showed up and was giving a nasty cut, but was fine. I continued to get pic's of him until near the end of the season. Not sure what happened to him. The picture below was taken the week after he was shot. Look closely at his side. Brother in law was just inches off.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

That was close. What happened on the youth hunt?

dirt road ninja

Quote from: drenalinld on July 13, 2011, 08:52:30 AM
That was close. What happened on the youth hunt?

He killed a doe and a coyote. He hunts with me every weekend in deer season, so the youth weekend is not all that important. It is nice that kids get to be the first in the woods with rifles.

drenalinld

That's cool that he likes to hunt that much. Keep taking him!

Basser69

That's a nice deer for sure. Hope he made it through the winter and survived the wound

turkey slayer

Quote from: Basser69 on July 13, 2011, 10:26:10 AM
That's a nice deer for sure. Hope he made it through the winter and survived the wound
:agreed: hopefully little man will get a shot.

Ol'Mossy

WOW that's a big slice, those deer are sure tough