OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Winter Grind

Started by etboxcalls, February 24, 2024, 09:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etboxcalls

Hi guys, been a long time since I've posted anything so I figured I'd check in.  Been a really busy few weeks filling orders and getting calls built for Nationals.  Here are a few of the calls I've built.  This is always the busiest time of year until the season starts.  Some of these calls were entered in Grand Nationals and some of them are available on my website.  http://www.terefenckoturkeycalls.com/available-calls.html

Thanks for looking!   Ed

turkey stew

Lcmacd 58

Very nice calls .... really like the snakewood lid

Yoder409

Beautiful work, as always !!!   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

EZ

Always top quality Ed!!!
Congrats on your Nashville results.

Goblen

packmule

A lot of great calls there!

3bailey3

aclawrence

Beautiful stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

All sweet looking calls but that 1st one really tickles my fancy!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Zobo

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 27, 2024, 08:37:15 PM
All sweet looking calls but that 1st one really tickles my fancy!

Agree, really nice!!!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

etboxcalls

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the kind words......There was a really good post I was just reading about the box call market that I can attest to, things are definitely not what they one were in terms of box calls.  I still get a good number of orders  but not like it was several years ago and honestly, after 22 years of building box calls, I think I'm consistently building better calls now than I ever have but thats just the way the market goes.  The Number of orders I have gotten has definitely increased over the last month and usually continues through around May- June.   Thats really the reason I started offering calls for sale on my website.  Although I've messed with and built several other types of calls including ones I'm in the process of improving, I love building box calls.... so even when I get caught up on my list, I can continue to build wood combinations that I want to build and offer them for sale without guys having to wait on a list.  Since I've been doing this I've had a lot of success selling calls through the website and many guys like the idea of not having to wait.  I will still certainly build specific wood combinations for customers if they call and request something.  Like many guys said on that other post, these markets go through their own ebb and flow so hopefully things will turn around one of these days, either way, I'll continue to build box calls until that I get tired of them.  Thanks again for checking out my post.

Ed

Spring Creek Calls

I certainly hope the established Box call makers, such as Ed, will continue to follow their passion and make the quality boxes we've come to love. In my opinion,  there's nothing like running that lid over a good box and hearing the high to low note that a box produces.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

limb_hanger

Any plans to work on some mini long boxes in the near future?....would be interested in one of those for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

310 gauge

That next to the bottom one's going to come live with me....lol