turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fair price for Doug camp screaming hen

Started by Alabama556, February 24, 2024, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alabama556

What is a fair price for a really nice Doug camp screaming hen long box?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Alabama556

Thanks everyone. Do y'all like the screaming hen? I hear it's great long box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

There are different types of that call. Make sure it was hand signed by Doug. It is very much loved by those who are lucky enough to have one, same goes for all of his calls. I highly recommend Camp calls, I just bought one, a 2001 from a good friend of mine.

Alabama556

Thank you for the advice. You see some floating around that were built after her died.

Zobo

Yes, unfortunately that bad decision calls into question the validity of some Camp calls. But if you buy calls from 2004 and before AND hand signed, not etched, you're good to go.

Alabama556

Thanks again

Yoder409

Quote from: Alabama556 on February 25, 2024, 08:33:07 AM
Do y'all like the screaming hen? I hear it's great long box

It's a good call.    It's small-ish for a long box.  I find it to be high-pitched for my liking.  But what I think    doesn't matter.  The gobbler will be the judge.

If I were to pick 10 long boxes and had to hunt with them and them only for the rest of my time........the Screamin' Hen wouldn't be on that list.  But I believe I could still eat turkey regularly if that's the only box I had.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tarheel

Quote from: Zobo on February 25, 2024, 09:48:01 AM
There are different types of that call. Make sure it was hand signed by Doug. It is very much loved by those who are lucky enough to have one, same goes for all of his calls. I highly recommend Camp calls, I just bought one, a 2001 from a good friend of mine.

I purchased 2 Screaming Hens from Doug Camp when he first introduced them. Neither one of them are signed. It wasn't until later that Doug started signing them because he didn't sign the very first ones.

Zobo

Quote from: Tarheel on February 29, 2024, 03:34:33 PM

I purchased 2 Screaming Hens from Doug Camp when he first introduced them. Neither one of them are signed. It wasn't until later that Doug started signing them because he didn't sign the very first ones.

Do you recall the year you got those or when he made them?

Tarheel

Quote from: Zobo on February 29, 2024, 09:20:52 PM
Quote from: Tarheel on February 29, 2024, 03:34:33 PM

Do you recall the year you got those or when he made them?

No, at the moment I can't remember the year; but I do remember it was just after Doug published his book. At that time, the Screaming Hen came with a camouflaged sleeve. Doug only did that for a short while....if I remember correctly.

Zobo

No, at the moment I can't remember the year; but I do remember it was just after Doug published his book. At that time, the Screaming Hen came with a camouflaged sleeve. Doug only did that for a short while....if I remember correctly.

Probably 1983-84 then

Zobo

This thing is awesome, very appropriately named, it's a screamer!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk