turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old School Mossy Oak Short Billed bowhunter Hat

Started by Old Swamper, February 16, 2024, 08:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Swamper

Anyone got one of these old gems, in decent shape, they want to sell. New pup of mine chewed up the one I have hunted for nearly 35 years.

Howie g

Old Swamper

I saw that. He fell in with them Mossy Oak boys and is the only one getting them made. He is sold out. I hate to buy anything from him, but I may have to. Of course, i will be cutting the patch off first thing. Still would like to find someone with an original though.

Nathan_Wiles

3 Rivers Archery has them as well, still have to cut the patch off I guess though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Pig

WoodHaven has come out with one also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Pig on February 17, 2024, 07:15:36 AM
WoodHaven has come out with one also.

Where did you see these ? They are not listed on the website unless i over looked it ?

Pig

It's on their facebook page they had them at the NWTF.

Pig

Howie g

I've got an old school shirt bill with the mask in it .  Although I seldom wear it ,  I wear glasses and a short bill doesn't cut the glare off them like a longer bill does .

Old Swamper

Quote from: Howie g on February 17, 2024, 05:49:37 PM
I've got an old school shirt bill with the mask in it .  Although I seldom wear it ,  I wear glasses and a short bill doesn't cut the glare off them like a longer bill does .
What pattern is it

Happy

You mean I am cool again when I hunt with this?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Old Swamper

Sir, this has nothing to do with being "cool", I can assure you of that. I'm 53 years old, and have been hunting turkeys since I was 5. Got 2 of those hats in the late 80's when they first came out. All I ever hunted in. First one I retired to the fire in the early 2000's due to the almost black appearance from constant use. 2nd one, as I stated, was recently shredded by my dog. Would love to own another in either Greenleaf, Bottomland, or Full Foliage. I'm too old to be cool, and am no fan of the recent youtube trends in turkey hunting going around. After running into a couple of these prominent "clowns" in the woods, while hunting over the years, I have started to notice a resurgence in there popularity. So be it, but it won't stop me from hunting one, if I can find another :) 

Happy

That wasn't pointed at you at all, sir. I was just laughing at the fact that as soon as certain popular figures start using items many of us have used for years. Well, then everyone has to have them. Like you, I have used these hats for years, mainly bowhunting but occasionally for turkeys. Just be prepared for them to be "cool" again. I wish you luck in your search. I think mine is about 20 years old now and definitely seen better days.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Old Swamper

All good bud. Some things just always come back around :)

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Happy on February 18, 2024, 10:19:05 AM
You mean I am cool again when I hunt with this?
Ill buy you a greenleaf one so you can be real cool with the rest of the crowd,ill make sure the leather pinhoti patch is double stitched for you!!