OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Delete

Started by Treerooster, February 05, 2024, 06:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treerooster

Delete

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

Some people are like me and just prefer to read from paper, I don't much like reading things on a tablet or a phone, there's just something special about the smell of the old paper hearing those papers turn the sound they make in nostalgic feeling you get it to remembering reading as a child. Plus there's collector's value as well as long as it's kept in good condition it should always go up in price. Give me a good book over a computer screen any day of the week. I just need to eyes to be able to read all my books and I can't read right now.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jdrouhard87

Silvestris, same reason people hunt turkeys instead of buying in the market

The Lung

No question, I'll take a real paper book over a screen any day.
I just can't adjust to reading anything of real length on a screen. To each their own, however.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Treerooster

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 06, 2024, 10:22:26 AM
Some people are like me and just prefer to read from paper, I don't much like reading things on a tablet or a phone, there's just something special about the smell of the old paper hearing those papers turn the sound they make in nostalgic feeling you get it to remembering reading as a child. Plus there's collector's value as well as long as it's kept in good condition it should always go up in price. Give me a good book over a computer screen any day of the week. I just need to eyes to be able to read all my books and I can't read right now.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Sivestris...I guess I am just old school.

I feel much the same way on this as Sir-diealot. One thing I like on "real" books is when I come across something I especially like I will sort of mark it in the book. I don't like to highlight or mark up the book, but will "mark" the passage with a feather in between the pages. Usually a turkey rump or a ruffed grouse tailfeather. Feathers make great bookmarks.

Crowstalker

I'm the same want a book in my hands. Like said probably will appreciate in value over time plus who wants to look a screen to read a book. That's......