OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Excellent Easy Playing Trumpets

Started by mountainhunter1, February 05, 2024, 01:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

Todd Black of Black Dot Calls is making some really nice Trumpets these days, and a lot of folks just have not got a hold of one of his Trumpets yet. He is also a regular at the Unicoi Show each January. He goes by Toddmann on Old Gobbler.

I have Ralph Permar, Lee Chadwick, Brian Mero, Clay Townsend, Dave Shoemaker and Anthony Ellis among others sitting in my office; and Todd's Trumpets will play as easy as any that I have. If you want to try one of his trumpets, private message me and I can get you into touch with him. He is a good guy, is charging a very fair price and his Trumpets are easy to run.

Shown here - a very nice Snakewood with Buffalo Horn mouthpiece and a nice darker piece of Chechen with stainless steel mouthpiece. They both sound great!
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Meleagris gallopavo

Would love to see it.  Is there a website or Facebook page for Black Dot Calls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Beards and Hooks

Here are the pictures for mountainhntr1

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 05, 2024, 01:04:02 PM
Would love to see it.  Is there a website or Facebook page for Black Dot Calls?

Private messaged you.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Beards and Hooks

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Toddmann

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on February 05, 2024, 01:00:52 PM
Todd Black of Black Dot Calls is making some really nice Trumpets these days, and a lot of folks just have not got a hold of one of his Trumpets yet. He is also a regular at the Unicoi Show each January. He goes by Toddmann on Old Gobbler.

I have Ralph Permar, Lee Chadwick, Brian Mero, Clay Townsend, Dave Shoemaker and Anthony Ellis among others sitting in my office; and Todd's Trumpets will play as easy as any that I have. If you want to try one of his trumpets, private message me and I can get you into touch with him. He is a good guy, is charging a very fair price and his Trumpets are easy to run.

Shown here - a very nice Snakewood with Buffalo Horn mouthpiece and a nice darker piece of Chechen with stainless steel mouthpiece. They both sound great!

Thanks Matthew for the kind words! Glad you are enjoying the call!

Wasp

I also bought one of these at Uicoi. Sounds great, super easy to play and very well built. If you do not have one, I would highly recommend these trumpets.

Toddmann

Quote from: Wasp on February 10, 2024, 05:58:48 PM
I also bought one of these at Uicoi. Sounds great, super easy to play and very well built. If you do not have one, I would highly recommend these trumpets.

Thank you!

Toddmann

Finishing up a few!

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Toddmann on February 13, 2024, 08:52:38 PM
Finishing up a few!

Three more killers right there. If you need a trumpet, you need to get with Todd on one of these. Not only are they easy to play and full of turkey - they are unique in looks from what so many other guys are building.

African Blackwood is hard to beat and that is a mighty fine looking cherry hen you have there brother.

bwhana

I was already over budget (meaning I spent enough for the doghouse, but not enough to get kicked out permanently) at Unicoi or I would have got one of Todd's trumpets there. His stuff is legit, including his copper pot.  He's on the top of my list to buy next!

Toddmann

Quote from: bwhana on February 13, 2024, 10:04:43 PM
I was already over budget (meaning I spent enough for the doghouse, but not enough to get kicked out permanently) at Unicoi or I would have got one of Todd's trumpets there. His stuff is legit, including his copper pot.  He's on the top of my list to buy next!
Appreciate this acknowledgment!

Seth41

Anyone have a photo of the mouthpiece face on?  Is it flat brass tube like a William Lester?
Seth Hamon
2024 Grand Nationals 1st Trumpet Tom Turpin Award
2024 Grand Nationals 2nd 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals 5th Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2023 Grand Nationals - 2nd - Jordan Yelper
2023 Grand Nationals 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Grand Nationals 3rd Place 2-12 Turpin Trumpet
2022 Buckeye World 1st & 2nd - Crow Call
2022 Buckeye Worlds 2nd Trumpet Hunting

turkey stew

Tom007

"Solo hunter"