OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fowler builders

Started by shatcher, June 30, 2023, 05:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

I'm looking for recommendations on fowler builders specifically for turkey hunting.  Colerain makes barrels for turkey hunting.  Any help is appreciated.

crow

Bill Slusser in Ky makes a great looking/shooting flintlock

The Cohutta Strutter

shatcher not sure if you have a time restraint for purchasing a Fowler but I'm personally holding off until I see what Jim Kibler owner of Kibler's Longrifles is going to put out for a fowling piece. It will be available in kit form and would have to be assembled and finished. Really no worries there due to the precision that's achieved through the cnc technology he uses. He really has taken the kit gun to the next level. I've been told they have the Fowler in the works and should be the next gun they release.
Anybody seen America lately?

GuideGun

Ken Moors built mine and several other people I know.
Matt

backforty

Gobblerknob longrifles built my 62 cal Fowler with a jug choked barrel and I love it. Most builders have a long wait you might wanna check out the classified section on the muzzleloader forum. I see Fowler on there quite often. If I could figure out this picture thing I'd post one of my gun.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Kygobblergetter

I'm just starting to get in to muzzleloader hunting but I just love getting and playing with new turkey guns. I've about hit my limit on 20 gauges and .410s to tinker with right now. What is the typical cost to have a turkey specific Fowler built?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backforty

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on January 30, 2024, 06:44:44 PM
I'm just starting to get in to muzzleloader hunting but I just love getting and playing with new turkey guns. I've about hit my limit on 20 gauges and .410s to tinker with right now. What is the typical cost to have a turkey specific Fowler built?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
not sure what your wanting to get specific to turkeys. my gun is jug choked and throws a good pattarn out to 30 after playing with different combos with the load. Id venture to say with enough tinkering with the load with any decent gun you could achieve a good 30 yd pattern. the muzzleloader forum is a great resource for info on loads that have worked for others.
Print by Madison, on Flickr