OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Model 22 12 gauge sxs (1970’s?)

Started by kytrkyhntr, June 15, 2023, 08:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

A man local to where my grandfather lived reached out and wanted to let me know that he had this gun that belonged to my grandfather. The description is in the title. I only have been sent 2 photos with more coming this afternoon. I am not a shotgun collector when it comes to old shotguns. My knowledge is very minimal. I can't find a lot of info on this particular gun in terms of value. If any of you are knowledgeable about this particular firearm please send me a PM with info on history and current value of the item. I am wanting to purchase it based on the fact that it was my grandfathers. Condition is 9.5/10 I'm not sure if it's ever been hunted or even had a whole box shot through it. Again please send my a PM if you are educated on this firearm.
Thanks
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

28roper

I have never heard of a Winchester Model 22 SxS, certainly heard of the model 21, which is a fantastic gun that carries high resale value depending on the age and condition.  Would be curious to see the pictures if you are willing to share, big fan of quality older SxS guns.

kytrkyhntr

Having trouble posting photo, also don't have great photos anyway. When I get some better photos hopefully this evening I'll be glad to share them. I too had only heard of a model 21.

Greg Massey

All kinds of information / pictures about the model 22 on the internet. It was made by Laurona Arms ( Eiber Spain) in the mid 70's. The gun was a 12 gauge only with 28 inch bbls ( IC/Mod or M/F )

kytrkyhntr

Yes I read all of that. Maybe I should have specified, I was looking to find someone who may have had one or could tell me more about the value of one. I was able to read specs and when they were made. Having a hard time finding a value on it

Greg Massey

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on June 15, 2023, 11:00:29 AM
Yes I read all of that. Maybe I should have specified, I was looking to find someone who may have had one or could tell me more about the value of one. I was able to read specs and when they were made. Having a hard time finding a value on it
Hard to put a value on something like that was belonging to your grandfather at one time.. It all depends on how bad you want the gun and what you feel is reasonable.  If the person asks you 500 dollars for the gun or 1000 dollars for the gun, it all comes down to what you want to pay in my opinion with it having family history. You also have to remember they don't make them anymore and finding another is probably very rare...  I think it would be a great add, regardless if you collect or not... IMO ... I Know this isn't much help with, what's the value.... Good luck in your decision ...

runngun

If you are in a position to get it I definitely would. I was in a similar situation a little while back, in the 60s my Daddy owned a Colt Woodsman 22lr semi auto. He had sold it years ago to one of his brothers. Well I had always heard him talk about that gun and I learned that a cousin had it. So I called him and told him that I really wanted to buy the gun back for my Daddy.  But my cousin said well its the only 22 that I have. Well I went to his house with a Ruger Single Six and 10 one hundred dollar bills.  I left with the Colt!!! Some said that I was crazy, and I might be BUT it was worth it to put it back in my Daddy's hands!!!!

Have a good one and May God bless, Bocephus

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Dtrkyman

The 21 and the 23 can bring some crazy money, don't see much on the 22?

Back when I was working at a gun shop a wealthy guy bought a 21 online, when I got it I opened it up aand noticed right away he was not gonna be happy, the stock had been cut down!

We sent it back, he paid crazy money for it too.

ChesterCopperpot

The 22 was a sh*t gun as far as shooting. It's value lies in the fact that it wasn't a long production. If you're a Winchester collector wanting to set the 21, 22, 23, 24 SxSs then it'd have some collector value. It being your dad's gun then it has some personal value. Personally I think I'd be in the $500 range, a fuzz more if it's sentimental. A collector might be more but it'd take collector value to drive up the price as it's not a great shooting gun. All that to say, depends how much you want it, but even sentimental I wouldn't go much higher than $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk