OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New DSD Decoys

Started by zelmo1, June 14, 2023, 07:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

If decoys are your thing, then you will love these. If you aren't a decoy person, you will at least admire the realism . These things are incredible. The shapes and details are amazing. DSD has killed it with these.  I am glad I got them. My dog almost attacked them, lol. Z

Roost 1

bbcoach

What has changed since their Spring release?  They had the flocked back and added the Preening hen.

zelmo1

I have a feeding hen and 3/4 strut Jake when they were Dakota Decoys. The detail and realism is better. I will still use the old decoys, just the new ones are awesome. Z

CAPTJJ

Quote from: zelmo1 on June 15, 2023, 09:13:12 PM
I have a feeding hen and 3/4 strut Jake when they were Dakota Decoys. The detail and realism is better. I will still use the old decoys, just the new ones are awesome. Z

Not sure what you mean here, but DSD came first, Dakota are basically copies that are made in China.

zelmo1

Many years ago, I ordered directly from DSD and when I got the decoy it actually says Dakota on the bottom. I do not have every detail of the business workings there, but I can send you a pic of the decoy if you want. My post was basically to say I have older DSD decoys and they are very nice, but the new ones are the most realistic I have ever seen. Z

bbcoach

I agree with the realism.  I remember when the only decoys out there were the Old foam or a stuffed decoy.  The decoy makers have definitely raised their game.

Roost 1

I think you should send them to me.

CAPTJJ

There is no way Dave Smith Decoys would send you a decoy with the competition's name on it? DSD is in Oregon where they are manufactured, Dakota is in SD. They do look similar.

zelmo1

So I will look for the receipt that I got when I bought it 15 tears ago, I will post it if I find it. My point was , and still is that the decoys I received Wednesday, June 14th 2023 are the nicest decoys I have ever seen, owned, borrowed or hunted over. Z

Dtrkyman

DSD is part of Meateater now, they are becoming the Johnny Morris of the hunting industry.

Best decoys you can get.