Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Great Year

Started by JeffC, June 07, 2023, 08:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffC

Hunting gear washed, packed away, truck washed, gun wiped down put away. We had a pretty good sophomore year as a team, Snowman jumped right into the fun and contributed a nice Tom, Lacire had 2 nice Toms and rattled Grumpies more then anybody.
Spladle160 takes our best Tom , #64.27, thank you. 7 Toms on the board all respectable numbers.
Hope that more team members would stay active on our thread, even if you are having a crappy season, stay active. I had a good season even though I didnt take a Tom, learned where some are hiding away, had gun in my shoulder 4 or 5 times, safety off once. I can promise I will have a better season next year, if you all want to do it again? I am still fighting thru a kitchen remodel, either I will be divorced and living in my truck, hunting all over the country, or kitchen will be done!.. or close too being done...but next year I will have more time and be focused on finding and killing some mature Toms!!
So please check in and let me now if you still want to be part of the Scattered Flock!?!
Also please say a thank you to Zelmo1, he is sending 1 of his pot calls to us and HillclimberWV is sending 1 of his box calls to him, we ( if we all want to be a team again) will be passing the call around, signing, hopefully having luck with it, and eventually sending back to him to put in his trophy case! Hillclimber will also be sending around 1 of his box calls for all of us to try.
This contest is for FUN! Please stay active, post up your hunts, good or bad, just stay active in the thread.
Special thanks to the GOATS, made it a fun season! :thanks:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

GobbleNut

Quote from: JeffC on June 07, 2023, 08:10:45 PM
Hunting gear washed, packed away, truck washed, gun wiped down put away. We had a pretty good sophomore year as a team, Snowman jumped right into the fun and contributed a nice Tom, Lacire had 2 nice Toms and rattled Grumpies more then anybody.
Spladle160 takes our best Tom , #64.27, thank you. 7 Toms on the board all respectable numbers.
Hope that more team members would stay active on our thread, even if you are having a crappy season, stay active. I had a good season even though I didnt take a Tom, learned where some are hiding away, had gun in my shoulder 4 or 5 times, safety off once. I can promise I will have a better season next year, if you all want to do it again? I am still fighting thru a kitchen remodel, either I will be divorced and living in my truck, hunting all over the country, or kitchen will be done!.. or close too being done...but next year I will have more time and be focused on finding and killing some mature Toms!!
So please check in and let me now if you still want to be part of the Scattered Flock!?!
Also please say a thank you to Zelmo1, he is sending 1 of his pot calls to us and HillclimberWV is sending 1 of his box calls to him, we ( if we all want to be a team again) will be passing the call around, signing, hopefully having luck with it, and eventually sending back to him to put in his trophy case! Hillclimber will also be sending around 1 of his box calls for all of us to try.
This contest is for FUN! Please stay active, post up your hunts, good or bad, just stay active in the thread.
Special thanks to the GOATS, made it a fun season! :thanks:

A return thanks from the GOATS to you and your team, Jeff!  The interaction between OG members is what the contest really is about to many of us.  You guys took it to the next level this year!   :icon_thumright: 
Let's hope everybody sticks around and we do it again next spring! 
....I know what you mean about now having to focus on stuff around the house.  My "boss" just read me the riot act about getting things done around here now that the season is over.  Looks like we will both be busy between now and next spring...   ;D :D
Here's hoping everybody stays safe and healthy....   :icon_thumright: