Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

GOATS 2023: Season Summary

Started by GobbleNut, June 01, 2023, 09:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Well, Team, it looks like things are about wrapped up for another spring.  I hope everybody made it through in relatively good shape and without major incident.  I know a couple of our team members had some health and personal issues.  I hope those got resolved and all is well. 

It appears we will not pull of another miracle and win the contest again this year,...at least in terms of the total score (if only the captain could have helped out just a tiny little bit).  Looks like Guns N' Hoses is going to pull out the victory,...a big congrats to them!

In the really important stuff, though,...that is, interacting with OG members and having fun with the other teams,...we were right there at the top!  As the "supposed" captain, I want to thank everybody for participating and keeping the proper perspective as to what the contest really is about. 

A special "shout out" to all the OG members, regardless of which team they were on, who helped keep us all entertained for the last couple of months. Special recognition goes to crow, Happy, JeffC, snoman4, reflexl, zelmo1, and a few others for all the laughs provided, but the "Captain's Award" for "Top Trash Talker" of the season has to go to lacire of the Scattered Flock for his Goat's Quotes. Well done, buddy! 

If all goes well in the upcoming "off-season", we might consider doing it again next spring!  In the meantime, everybody hang around here on the OG forums and stay in touch,...and take care of yourselves!
Jim

zelmo1

I agree for the most part, but I have 2 more days to hunt. Im just trying to figure out how to to get a 220 point bird for an upgrade. i think a 40 pound bird with a 30" beard and 6" matching spurs will do it.  I may need some help dragging it out, lol. Z

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 01, 2023, 09:23:27 AM
Well, Team, it looks like things are about wrapped up for another spring.  I hope everybody made it through in relatively good shape and without major incident.  I know a couple of our team members had some health and personal issues.  I hope those got resolved and all is well. 

It appears we will not pull of another miracle and win the contest again this year,...at least in terms of the total score (if only the captain could have helped out just a tiny little bit).  Looks like Guns N' Hoses is going to pull out the victory,...a big congrats to them!

In the really important stuff, though,...that is, interacting with OG members and having fun with the other teams,...we were right there at the top!  As the "supposed" captain, I want to thank everybody for participating and keeping the proper perspective as to what the contest really is about. 

Jim

Thank you Jim,
I always enjoy what you post and you hit the nail on the head again with this. We do have a great turkey hunting community here at OG. Thank you to ALL. Have a great offseason and We wish your teammates a speedy recovery.

B-Well All
Stay Healthy
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

crow

Thanks Jim for heading this up for us. I always enjoy reading about your hunts in the journal section.
It was a fun season both in the woods and messing around on here.

Le Cshart and Jeffy Pop had the picture trash talking down pretty good  :TooFunny:

crow

For LeClod, JiffyP and the Flockers

vs 4&5 "Big iron on his hip"

Now LeClod started yelping, made it clear to the jakes around
He was an E-Tronics caller and was here to mow them down
LeClod came here to score a gobbler, alive or maybe dead
And He said it didn't matter he was after Old Black Head
After Old Black Head

Wasn't long before the squealing echoed over to Old Black Head
But the Strutter didn't worry, Flockers tried before and fled
12 Flockers had tried to take Him, 12 Flockers had slipped and tripped
LeClod was another Flocker with an E-caller on his hip
E-caller on his hip

eggshell

A big congrats to the apparent winners and well wishes for the following year. I hope we can all be back to hunt and talk smack next year. For those of us who enjoy fall hunting the wait is a little shorter. The smack crown does indeed go to Lacire. By the way when I searched the name I came up with a quilting club....did we all get punked by some quilting grandma?

G.O.A.T.S gave it a swing but the big scoring birds just never showed up in front of the gun.

It was a tough season for me as well, so I can't shoot off my mouth too much. Some health issues slowed me up more than I had hoped, but I'm working on that and hope to be in better shape next spring.

JeffC

Another fun year, maybe someday I will actually get to shoot a Tom. Thanks to the Grumpies for at least making it FUN!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Thanks for the fun, guys (and the Scattered Flock Team). I really enjoyed it. The GOATS quotes were pretty amusing, and I would personally be in favor of an extra ten points awarded to your team just on the level of harassing y'all did. Was good getting to know everyone on the team and a few of our competitors as well.  I didn't keep up on the score here till the end, but having 5 teams all clustered together at the top is pretty cool and speaks well to the skill set assembled. Big congrats to Gums and Hoses. Y'all had a good year and were due. I am just glad that after looking at y'alls mugshots, that I can safely say we are the better looking group. Be safe, everyone, and I hope that all goes well.
Oh, and a special thanks to Jim for running such a neat and orderly ship.. I am just gonna throw out the observation that we could have probably scored about 30 points higher if we had our boat.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RutnNStrutn

Thanks guys!! It was the closest contest yet. Big congrats to everyone!!
Have a good off season, be safe and we'll see y'all next year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk