Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Seasons winding down!

Started by Paulmyr, May 23, 2023, 06:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Bagged a nice long beard over the weekend. 18.66lbs and a 10" beard. Not an upgrade from my previous gobbler but a very much appreciated addition to what has been a strange and sometimes extremely frustrating season.  I've been plagued with funky weather and idiots during most of my forays into the Turkey woods this year. I'll be grinding it out til the bitter end this weekend. I still have my home state of MN tag to fill.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats Paulmyr!! When does MN season close out?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

crow

congrats on a nice one, good job

Paulmyr

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 23, 2023, 07:00:32 PM
Congrats Paulmyr!! When does MN season close out?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. The season ends may 31st.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Happy

Congrats! Enjoy it to the fullest.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Quote from: Happy on May 23, 2023, 08:00:50 PM
Congrats! Enjoy it to the fullest.

Thank you. I will. It will be the 1st time this season where I'll be sleeping in a bed before hunting. Started about 2 1/2 months ago with an extended trip to Ms and every weekend since. Sleeping on an air mattress in the suburban. Had a trip to Mo. Drove all night to get to my spot by 4:30. Shot a nice gobblers around 9:30. Only one the 1st week so I
turned around and headed back home the same day.

Been following your log, seems you've had rewarding season.

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

Paulmyr

Seasons over for me. Finished up with this guy this  morn. Still not an upgrade but I'm not complaining. There are a couple bigger gobblers in the area but when this one stepped out of the woods and went into strutt in the taller grass at 20yds, he looked as big as a house in the 1st light of the morning.

Congratulations to everybody that was successful this year. Guess I'm going fishing this afternoon.

GobbleNut

Great way to end the season, Paul.  Another beautiful gobbler!   :icon_thumright:

Twowithone

Awesome gobbler that is a great way to finish the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Paulmyr

Quote from: Twowithone on May 27, 2023, 10:32:38 AM
Awesome gobbler that is a great way to finish the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have liked to have had a crack at one of the other gobblers in the area. One or 2 of em might have given us a chance at the title. Pretty sure I heard one of them when I got back to the truck.

Oh well, They be waiting for me next year.

crow

Nice job Paul, sharp looking picture and gobbler.

Happy

Nicely done Paul. Good way to end it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club