Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Heading to Central WI Tomorrow

Started by notsure, May 01, 2023, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsure

Our season opens up on Wednesday. Turkey hunting, Friday night fish fry, fresh cheese curds, Nueske's smoked meats, craft beer...the only thing we're missing is naked ladies!

JeffC

1st things 1st, have a safe trip, then find and kill a monster Tom, Good luck, keep us up dated. Then party :z-guntootsmiley:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

snoman4

lacire

Don't forget the Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies, reflexl swears by them. Good luck.  :icon_thumright:

HillclimberWV

I'm very jelous of the fish fry. My parents own a camp in Wisconsin and the local bar has the best perch or walleye you could ask for every friday. Definitely one of the best parts of visiting the state. I may have to plan a turkey hunting trip up there one spring. Good luck to you and enjoy yourself.

notsure

Well guys, no luck this year. The weather didn't cooperate and the only animals I managed to call in were four jakes and a curious porcupine. That said we had a great time and introduced one my best friend's 14 year old son to turkey camp. The fish fry at Ambrosias Pub & Grill was a treat, as was knocking back a few pints at Central Waters brewery. And I ate more cheese curds than I'd care to admit.

JeffC

Sounds like a great trip with memories made, thanks for the update, keep active on here, still hunting till the 27th.