turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help TSS #8s Terrible Patterns!

Started by Laloom83, April 25, 2023, 06:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laloom83

Help!  What am I doing wrong. I thought TSS was supposed to perform miracles!  This is custom Foxtrot Ammo company Annihilator 12 ga 3.5" 2.5 oz #8's at 60 yards. Out of my Remington 870 Supermag with Indian Creek .665.   I was shooting out of a led sled.  Am I using the wrong choke?  This is a horrible pattern.

60 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

Well first of all you don't pattern a gun at 60 yard,second your pattern looks very low,third I'd call foxtrot and ask them,fourth don't shoot turkey targets...Tss isn't a miracle pill still requires some common sense

Tandin93

Your POI Definitely looks low. Here are a few things that will help you pattern in your gun.

1. Measure 40 yards from the end of your barrel and put your patterning board there.

2. Get a roll of 36 inch or 48 inch construction paper from your local home-improvement store(48 inch would be preferable), and use that to shoot your pattern on.

3. Draw a dot or use a sticker rifle target for a point of aim. Shoot at this, and then find the center of the pattern on the blank sheet of paper and draw a dot in the center of your pattern. Measure and Mark a 10 inch circle and a 20 inch circle with the centerpoint of those circles being the dot that you made in the center of your pattern NOT THE ORIGINAL POINT OF AIM.

4. Count the number of pellets in the ten inch  circle and write them down. Then count the number of pellets in the space between the ten inch and the 20 inch circle and write those down.

After you get this done post some pics up and there are some guys on here that have really great knowledge and advice for someone looking to pattern their new setup.

TSS is definitely not just a miracle pill that fixes all problems. But it is an amazing tool to use to increase effectiveness at reasonable ranges! Good Luck!

gaswamp

what you are doing wrong is patterning at 60 yds.

Dr Juice

Your pattern looks low as mentioned previously. I would use low brass bird shot and zero at 10yards and then shoot the TSS at 40yards to see how it performs. If all is well, then go 60 yards for your situational awareness. Good luck

Greg Massey

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Tandin93

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 26, 2023, 04:40:09 PM
He's trolling us  :toothy12:
Most likely, but I wanted to at least give the benefit of the doubt at first..lol

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Tandin93 on April 27, 2023, 12:46:58 AM
Most likely, but I wanted to at least give the benefit of the doubt at first..lol

Yer a great helper my OG brother  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Ihuntoldschool

That is a horrible pattern.
Horrible distance too.

Work on calling birds into shotgun range instead of looking for your "miracle"

YoungGobbler

stinkpickle

Both the gun and the shells are bad.  Send them to me immediately, so I may dispose of them properly.

GobbleNut

I agree,...but if not, somebody has caught "Golden BB Syndrome"...   ;D ::)