Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

West Augusta's NOT so exciting hunt log 2023

Started by West Augusta, April 16, 2023, 04:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

We open in West Virginia tomorrow and this year I have picked up another property to hunt.  A guy that I used to work with called the other day and offered his farm to me.  That makes 3 properties that I can hunt and all hold birds.  I'll let you know how things go in the morning  but I don't hold much hope.  A storm is rolling in now and the temps are going to drop overnight.  Now they are calling for 35 mph winds.  I hate hunting in the wind.   Longer term things should be good this year.  I hope.

Good luck G.O.A.T.S. Let's do this again this year.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

West Augusta

Today was worse than I expected.
Chilly, rain and wind.  To top that off,  I picked my 12 gauge.  Only had 20 gauge shells in the truck.  Lost a half hour going home to get the 20.  Heard 2 distant gobbles and 5 distant shots.   Tomorrow will be colder but less wind.   I have coveralls laid out and some fleece.  Cold weather and old men aren't a good combination but I'll be out there.   WITH the correct shotgun.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

GobbleNut

Quote from: West Augusta on April 17, 2023, 04:06:53 PM
Cold weather and old men aren't a good combination but I'll be out there.   

:D  How well I know!  ...Good luck!

crow

West Augusta

After blanking in Florida, I was beginning to think I would do the same in West Virginia.
Dealing with gobblers on property that I can't hunt and "other"issues across said fences,  I finally got one.
20 lbs. 2 Oz. 11" beard

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Great bird!  Congrats!  Your perseverance paid off with a beauty!