turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scratch box fever

Started by chbarnha, April 14, 2023, 11:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

Well up until unicoi this year I had never messed with, much less carried a scratch box. I bought two while I was in GA, and I think I'm up to 10 now with more 6 more on the way.

What are your favorite makers? I will have 5 SS when the next one arrives and two Jeff whites, along with an assortment of others to include a Ferlita and a Lonnie Mabry. Guess I'll have to take a family pic when they all arrive.

Anybody use a Lonnie mabry scratchbox? I haven't seen many of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

SS Calls

Appreciate the business. Just checked the tracking and says it was delivered April 12th.

chbarnha

Yes sir that new birdhouse did show up, I had a couple calls I wanted to offload and am getting another from a guy on here.
The birdhouse sounds phenomenal by the way

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

SS Calls

Quote from: chbarnha on April 14, 2023, 04:56:06 PM
Yes sir that new birdhouse did show up, I had a couple calls I wanted to offload and am getting another from a guy on here.
The birdhouse sounds phenomenal by the way

Oh ok, I misunderstood. Glad the Birdhouse made it safely and that you like it. Best of luck in the turkey woods!

davisd9

Darrin Dawkins scratch box is very unique and awesome call. Kentucky Head Hunter on here makes a great one as well, Mr. Dunfee.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rtr1987

Jeff White makes a good scratcher as well.

Sir-diealot

I really like my Witch's Fiddle from R.A. Dunfee
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

dixiemagnum80

I have 2 Lonnie Mabry scratch boxes that are awesome. He makes a great little scratcher.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm not making calls right now but I appreciate the comments.  Of other makers my favorite is Scott Basehore all cedar.  Or Lamar Williams if you can get one.  I have 2 of Lonny Mabry's and they are great but softer talkers. 
Basehore's all cedar is simply incredible.  To my ears at least.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

shoer2

Mr.wendell jolley makes a great call!!!!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: shoer2 on April 18, 2023, 09:43:45 PM
Mr.wendell jolley makes a great call!!!!
Can't get him on the phone, I have left messages at least 3 times.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

PNWturkey

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 16, 2023, 03:58:34 PM
Basehore's all cedar is simply incredible.  To my ears at least.

It's my favorite scratch box.

worth612000

It's endless on the scratch boxes. If you like a shirt pocket one take a look at Wendell Rice

Lcmacd 58

I may have to try 2 .....