OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New TN Gunslinger

Started by Footballer, June 28, 2011, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Hey guys, my name is Mark and I'm from East Tennessee. I'm 26 years old and currently attending law school. As you can imagine, law school has "gobbled" up much of my hunting time, but I still found time to get my limit this past spring!

I'm a huge college football fan. Part of who I am stems from my experience as a collegiate quarterback. This position exposed me to a situations which allowed me to grow and learn about myself. I was also fortunate enough to meet my wife during this time.

I started turkey hunting around age 15. My father is a big hunter, but he has never pursued turkey hunting. I've learned to turkey hunt through reading countless articles, watching videos, and through many humbling experiences in the turkey woods. Although I have hunted everything from deer in Illinois, pheasant in South Dakota, and Kudu in South Africa, nothing quite compares to the excitement of turkey hunting.

The Good Lord has blessed me not only with a father who loves to hunt, but also with property in which to turkey hunt. This allows me to fulfill my passion for hunting as well as my passion for land management. I love creating habitat that not only sustains our current wildlife population, but also adds room for growth and improved hunting. I think I study aerial and topo maps of our property as much as I do my school work. I get excited when I spot an old logging road on a map that can be pushed out with a dozer creating the perfect wildlife highway.

Anyways, I can't believe I'm just now discovering this website. I love how this website is maintained to disallow mindless banter. This is a common problem on other websites so I'm glad to see I can avoid it here.

Happy hunting!

Hognutz

Welcome to the O.G., Mark. A great forum, with lots of good guys that are willing to give an opinion. (whether you want one or not).  :lol: All of the information you will need. Feel free to jump in anytime you like and join the party. Enjoy your stay..Mike   :welcomeOG:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

drenalinld

Welcome, Footballer! You will love this forum.

Basser69

Sully53

JVA54

dirt road ninja

rtsj

:wagon:Watch yourself Footballer! OG is very addictive and takes up alot of your free time. The guys on this site are exceptionally helpful with anything. Never be afraid to ask, someone will always help. Good luck and welcome. :welcomeOG:

TnTurk

:welcomeOG:

[attachment deleted by admin]

harvester

Welcome to OG, what part of east tennessee are you from.

turkey slayer

Wingbone

:welcomeOG:

Good to see another Tennessean.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

shark

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.