turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger 3020

Started by Hened up, April 03, 2023, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hened up

Thinking about purchasing a 3020 just wondering how people are liking them.

Holtbensley

Love mine so much I went and ordered the redesigned one
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

bluetick58

love  mine light seems to work well

Matt76cmich

Mine has been good to me so far.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

quackaddict

I've only had mine for a couple months and maybe only run 75 shells or so through it, but I'm a big fan so far. I don't know that I'd trust them for a gun that I'd shoot a lot, but I think for a dedicated turkey rig they're hard to beat for the $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

zelmo1

Love mine as well. Never an issue. Z

bigdrumnc

The version that has a 24" barrel with ghost sights....can you remove the ghost sights to just use a bead and a red dot?

Swamper7

I took off the rear sight and mounted a ff3 in its place with a egw base. Had to take a grinder to the front sight it is not removable.

bigdrumnc

Hmm a grinder.  I hate to do that to a new gun!  What's everyone's favorite barrel length?  I really want to add a 20 to my collection.  I have a stoeger 12 that I prefer over my sbe1. 

Kygobblergetter

I used a grinder on mine as well. I think I'm gonna have the barrel cut down to 19" or so before next season

Ridge Rooster

I have 2 that I had cut and re threaded at around 21". They are light and handy and parrern great!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

quackaddict

Quote from: Ridge Rooster on May 29, 2023, 11:34:34 PM
I have 2 that I had cut and re threaded at around 21". They are light and handy and parrern great!

Ridge Rooster
Who did you have do the work? I was thinking of having mine cut down before next year. Biggest think is having it re-threaded with Mobil threads since I've already got several chokes for it.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Ridge Rooster

Rose Action Sports did one, or was it Comp N Choke? Can't recall but Rose has done several for me and they have been perfect. Probably want be able to go back Mobile because of barrel thickness but I would call and ask. Rose will give you OD dimensions that if you measure with a caliper it will let you know the options.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters