turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Quality Retail Calls

Started by Dhamilton1, April 01, 2023, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhamilton1

What call company(s) would you consider the best quality, that are available retail or at big box stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Jim

RiverBuck

Primos Ol' Betsy slate.
Best $15 you'll ever spend when it comes to turkey gear.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

When I bought retail I used to get Primos or Quaker Boy. I only got Quaker Boy because they were also in NY
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

ScottTaulbee

Depends on the type of caller. For a box call I say primos, for pot calls Hunters Specialities.

Tom007

Haven't tried the new Primos boxes, but the old ones are fine calls for sure....
"Solo hunter"

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2023, 08:37:44 AM
Haven't tried the new Primos boxes, but the old ones are fine calls for sure....
The newest box call I bought from primos was the Tall Timber Gabriel back when it first came out. It's a fine call. I rarely carry a box but my custom boxes got put on the shelf when I got that one, it's that good.

Tom007

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on April 02, 2023, 08:43:04 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2023, 08:37:44 AM
The newest box call I bought from primos was the Tall Timber Gabriel back when it first came out. It's a fine call. I rarely carry a box but my custom boxes got put on the shelf when I got that one, it's that good.

Yea, heard that's a good one!
"Solo hunter"

Flatsnbay

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on April 02, 2023, 06:33:05 AM
Depends on the type of caller. For a box call I say primos, for pot calls Hunters Specialities.

I agree with Scott. The Primos Little Heartbreaker is my go to along with an HS  Strut slate.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Terry

I always thought Woodhaven was leaps and bounds above everyone else, both in quality and price

Prohunter3509

Quote from: RiverBuck on April 01, 2023, 08:53:31 PM
Primos Ol' Betsy slate.
Best $15 you'll ever spend when it comes to turkey gear.
Got in arms reach everyday when I am in the woods

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mspaci