turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OG Push Pin quiet talk

Started by gmbellew, March 30, 2023, 11:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmbellew

I managed to acquire one of Shannon's push pins. I had a deal that fell through and a member contacted me about one he was interested in selling and I ended up doing the same deal with him. It is good to see there are some awesome members here!

the call showed up today and lived up to its reputation on yelps, clucks, and purrs as Shannon depicts in his videos. But one thing that I think the call does exceptionally well, but haven't seen much talk about, is the quiet talk. Just doing some light work to pull the peg, with an index finger applying a little pressure to the sound board, and quiet clicks, purrs, and yelps sound amazing and come so easy.

Bedge7767

Jim

gmbellew

Quote from: Bedge7767 on March 30, 2023, 11:35:18 PM
What wood did you get?

pretty sure it is African Blackwood

Bedge7767

Jim

Tom007

OG pushpins are by far one of the most versatile, well crafted, and best sounding Turkey calls out there. You are correct, it can make some of the deadliest "soft" sounds in the woods. No disrespect for all the other types of calls out there, they just changed the game for me for sure! Congrats, good luck.....
"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Glad you were able to get 1. The deal you were in to start should never have been allowed. NO PRICE NO PICTURES. Rant over, you got a great call, hope you are successful with it this season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

runngun

Yeah I saw that as well.  No pictures and no price either.  But whoever he is, knows that no matter what it was not going to last long.  And he was right.  He knows what the rules are because when I saw it, it checked out his post count.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Old Gobbler

That call is Gabon Ebony ...with a Macasar soundboard.. I know the seller quite well , he asked me about - I believe that's about a 10 year old call --it's his property and he is more than welcome to sell it ..that's why it's HIS PROPERTY, once it leaves my hands any owner is free to hunt , sell , gift or trade ...

but I will clarify that the folks operating under the {constructive intent } to buy my calls and then flip them right away for profit  are "persona non grata" you've heard me ramble on about it ...no need to go down that road again

Many years ago Gabon Ebony was more attainable,I acquired a huge stockpile of it ...I'm down to a few pieces these days .
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gmbellew

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 02, 2023, 01:10:21 PM
That call is Gabon Ebony ...with a Macasar soundboard.. I know the seller quite well , he asked me about - I believe that's about a 10 year old call --it's his property and he is more than welcome to sell it ..that's why it's HIS PROPERTY, once it leaves my hands any owner is free to hunt , sell , gift or trade ...

but I will clarify that the folks operating under the {constructive intent } to buy my calls and then flip them right away for profit  are "persona non grata" you've heard me ramble on about it ...no need to go down that road again

Many years ago Gabon Ebony was more attainable,I acquired a huge stockpile of it ...I'm down to a few pieces these days .

thanks for the info on the wood type!