turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tagged Out in NC

Started by tomstopper, April 16, 2023, 05:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Went out to the farm yesterday morning to try and fill my second tag here in NC and heard one gobble before daybreak and then it went silent. By 0841 all I had seen was 1 hen, so I decided to pack everything up as I wouldn't be able to get back out before Friday morning when I head to Ohio for my annual turkey hunting trip.

Before I left the farm, I decided to check another spot and noticed 3 gobblers in a field that were heading for a small patch of thinned out pines. The land belonged to the farmer but was managed by a gentleman who use's it for veterans to go hunting on (Honor and Valor Foundation). I quickly called him and got permission to enter the pines and go after them.

I put my truck in reverse and backed down the road approximately 150yards, put on my vest and grabbed my gun and quickly entered the pines. I made it about 75 yards in and seen 3 bright red heads coming towards me but slightly off to the left at 50 yards. I made a couple calls and all 3 turned, gobbled and headed right towards me and at 25 yards, I filled my last tag for NC. Hopefully my luck continues in Ohio next weekend and when I get back if Grace decides she wants to fill her second day.

1 1/8in spurs, 10 5/8in beard, 17.69lbs

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Good looking bird. Congratulations

JeffC

Congrats, good luck in Ohio
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr