turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Delayed season opener

Started by turkeywhisperer935, April 15, 2023, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeywhisperer935

Not to sure about the new regulations for tennessee. Today was the opener And although I was blessed enough to harvest a bird I only heard the one I killed. Think it may be a slow season here in some spots as I believe the birds breeding started earlier than usual. I fully understand why they moved the season back like they did but wish a little that they would have opened a week later instead of two and closed a week earlier. Anybody else on here from tennessee or that hunt here have any thoughts.

greentrout

I heard 5-6 gobblers before fly down this morning, only one on the farm I was hunting. He gobbled HARD all morning long. Every 5-10 seconds for close to 2 hours. He was by himself and I couldn't get him to budge. He would cut off my calls, but it seemed like he had no desire to come to me. I bumped him trying to get closer and then tried to cut him off. He was still gobbling but again, didn't care to play. The strangest part for me is I never saw or heard any hens.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

turkeywhisperer935

I heard two hens trying to get to the one I killed. We got between them but that's pretty much all I saw and heard.