OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF3 Dot Clarity??

Started by BDeal, March 22, 2023, 08:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Has anyone had issues with the dot on their Burris FF3 appearing to be more of a blurry, short squiggly line than a dot? I bought 2 of these and the dot on one is pretty clear but on the other it is very fuzzy and bleeds in all directons (especially vertically). Depending on the light it sometimes looks like a crooked horizontal line. Is there anything I can do to fix this or do I need to send it back?

Thank You!

dublelung

I just bought a FF2 and noticed exactly what you're seeing with the FF3. I've got one on a different gun that's crystal clear. I'm going to send mine back after season.

guesswho

I was going to say it may be your eyes.   But if you have one that's clear and one that's not, then that obviously isn't the case.   If it is your eyes I was going to suggest a green dot like Holosun.  With red dots I get a starburst effect.   With the green it's clear.   If it is the sight that's the problem, the only fix I know of would be to send it back.  Good luck. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I have the same problem of a slight star burst with the FF3 i have and with the Swampfox in the green circle dot, not the same problem as with the FF3... I can use both, i just prefer the green circle dot...

BDeal

Hi Greg- So you do get some visual distortion with the green circle also?

Greg Massey

Quote from: BDeal on March 22, 2023, 10:22:10 AM
PM Sent ...

TKE921

FWIW my father-in-law got one a few years ago that was the same way.  I wiped the lens over the dot emitter with a lens cloth and it cleared the dot up perfectly.  it almost seemed like there was glue haze from where they set that little square lens in place.

BDeal

Quote from: TKE921 on March 22, 2023, 10:51:22 AM
FWIW my father-in-law got one a few years ago that was the same way.  I wiped the lens over the dot emitter with a lens cloth and it cleared the dot up perfectly.  it almost seemed like there was glue haze from where they set that little square lens in place.

Are you saying you wiped the lens on the optic nearest the shooter where the dot is displayed or the actual dot itself?

Thank You!

dublelung

Quote from: BDeal on March 22, 2023, 10:22:10 AM

Not sure why he wouldn't reply for all of us that's interested to read, but what did he say about the green distortion?

sixbird

Quote from: BDeal on March 22, 2023, 12:12:02 PM
Quote from: TKE921 on March 22, 2023, 10:51:22 AM

Are you saying you wiped the lens on the optic nearest the shooter where the dot is displayed or the actual dot itself?

Thank You!
I think he means the emitter. It's where the light comes out. That sometimes clears it up.
You can also try dimming brightness down. If it's your eyes, that can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

People with astigmatism get the starburst if they don't wear thier glasses.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.