OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rubber boots for run and gun style Turkey hunting?

Started by Tca126, March 13, 2023, 08:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillKilgore

Le Chameau verzonord. you can get them leather, neoprene or jersey lined. I feel like they are more comfortable and longer lasting than lacrosse.

strum

I got my LITE boots in today. When i fist put them on I didnt like the little dots on the foot bed but after a few mins they just felt good.
Sort of like wearing Crocs.
I walked around in the for a while in the house and had to take them off because they were a little warm but so far I like a lot.
Not sure ill be walking the mountains in these (ill have to give that a real test) but as far as decently priced rubber.
No regrets at all here. 

wyetterp

Quote from: Bingoman on March 14, 2023, 02:56:03 PM

Quote from: wyetterp on March 14, 2023, 02:09:51 AM
. The chap/wader part folds down & tucks tight to in the boot. Wanna cross a creek, just pull em up to your waste. Will get you into a lot of places a huge majority avoid. 

Love to see a pic of the waders tucked in the boot and also deployed. If you could post a pic, that'd be awesome

Gotcha! The first two pics are the tingley & light weight yoders. The 3rd is the steplite x bekina with snake chaps.

The Steplite are also crazy light but a little more weight than the tingley. Just a minute amount. I added a memory foam insole (amazon special) to the steplites & those boots are amazing even for hiking a lot & hills. Great ankle support & moves like hiking boots. Nothing like all the other rubber boots.  Beside all day comfort the boots have tread like a tank. You won't slip around with those goats.

I have figured out after using both for several seasons, my next ones will be the steplite with light weight chaps. The snake proof chaps are just too thick to fold down as easily & as tight to the boot. I honestly don't think a snake could get through the light chap & rubber if snakes are a concern.

I order from conkeys, because they give a way better custom fit then 2 other companies. If you order they say don't add much to the sizes but I learned to add 3-4 inches up on the thigh & waist height. Helps when you have to layer thick under during the winter. My understanding is conkeys use the amish for the tailor part.

They are almost bomb proof on the build & seems holding up to abuse over time.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

wyetterp

Here's the weight of the tingly & light chap compared to my bloody lowa zephyrs (which are also very comfortable & durable)

I knew they were light but didn't honestly know they are lighter than the lowas.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

catfish charlie

I'm really liking the lite boots. It is pretty much a Knee high croc

utfan1

Bingoman

Quote from: wyetterp on March 15, 2023, 08:05:19 PM
Quote from: Bingoman on March 14, 2023, 02:56:03 PM

Quote from: wyetterp on March 14, 2023, 02:09:51 AM
. The chap/wader part folds down & tucks tight to in the boot. Wanna cross a creek, just pull em up to your waste. Will get you into a lot of places a huge majority avoid. 

Love to see a pic of the waders tucked in the boot and also deployed. If you could post a pic, that'd be awesome

Gotcha! The first two pics are the tingley & light weight yoders. The 3rd is the steplite x bekina with snake chaps.

The Steplite are also crazy light but a little more weight than the tingley. Just a minute amount. I added a memory foam insole (amazon special) to the steplites & those boots are amazing even for hiking a lot & hills. Great ankle support & moves like hiking boots. Nothing like all the other rubber boots.  Beside all day comfort the boots have tread like a tank. You won't slip around with those goats.

I have figured out after using both for several seasons, my next ones will be the steplite with light weight chaps. The snake proof chaps are just too thick to fold down as easily & as tight to the boot. I honestly don't think a snake could get through the light chap & rubber if snakes are a concern.

I order from conkeys, because they give a way better custom fit then 2 other companies. If you order they say don't add much to the sizes but I learned to add 3-4 inches up on the thigh & waist height. Helps when you have to layer thick under during the winter. My understanding is conkeys use the amish for the tailor part.

They are almost bomb proof on the build & seems holding up to abuse over time.
That's a cool set
May give them a try, thanks for posting

Duckdogdad

I put 5 miles on my LaCrosse Alpha Agilities today. They are light and handle the steep hills and ridges on my property. In my third year with them. At least 150 miles on them...holding up well.

Flatbottomarky

Wore lacrosse for many years then some mucks. The lites do look interesting.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

bwall3220

GuideGun

Put me into the can't do rubber boot camp. I've had durability issues with LaCrosse Burlys and Arrowheads in the past couple years. I run Crispi Nevada GTX uninsulated hikers now.
Matt

Old Timer

Quote from: GuideGun on March 18, 2023, 09:17:23 AM
Put me into the can't do rubber boot camp. I've had durability issues with LaCrosse Burlys and Arrowheads in the past couple years. I run Crispi Nevada GTX uninsulated hikers now.
Do you wear them with gaiters?

TBoo

Question about the Lite boots.  They do not seem to be breathable.  Are the going to be too hot?  Saw a review video where their pants were soaked from the knee down.  Sure they keep the water out, but also in??  Would like to try them but curious.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: TBoo on March 20, 2023, 05:10:40 PM
Question about the Lite boots.  They do not seem to be breathable.  Are the going to be too hot?  Saw a review video where their pants were soaked from the knee down.  Sure they keep the water out, but also in??  Would like to try them but curious.
From my experience with the lite boots, they absolutely burn your feet up. They're hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

I forgot who posted about the Tingley boots with Yoder chaps but I bought a pair of just the boots to try. They are very similar to lite boots, the Tingley boots in my size are 14" vs the 16" lite boots. The Tingley boots go on and off a lot easier and are also more comfortable on my feet. Also the Tingley are 11.8oz per boot and the lite boot is 14oz per boot. And the Tingley boots are about 40$ a pair vs 90$. They are both made in Mexico from the same material. I'm gonna put the miles on them this season and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk