turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wyoming Tag Info

Started by cthemfall514, March 27, 2023, 11:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthemfall514

Hello guys. Planning another trip to South Dakota black hills this year. Went last year but only had 2.5 days to hunt as my between semester break was cut short. For those that have hunted The Wyoming side of the hills, where is the closest place to get an OTC tag? If I tag a bird early in the trip I plan on trying Wyoming. Thanks In advance.

TurkeyReaper69

Not to be rude, but no one knows where your coming from in SD so how can we expect to know closest place.  I would assume you'd be coming into WY on interstate 90 but I've come in different ways from Dakotas/Nebraska so who knows. But to answer your question to best of my ability Sundance hardware store is probably your best option.

cthemfall514

My bad thought I had put the black hills of SD. I'll be staying in Hill City so basically just closest place to hop over and get a tag. Thanks for the info appreciate it.

mnbirdbuster

South side of the Black Hills I'd recommend Newcastle probably? North side you can get tags in Beulah at the Stateline Gas Station

Dtrkyman

No E tag option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deathfoot

Quote from: cthemfall514 on March 27, 2023, 11:24:12 PM
Hello guys. Planning another trip to South Dakota black hills this year. Went last year but only had 2.5 days to hunt as my between semester break was cut short. For those that have hunted The Wyoming side of the hills, where is the closest place to get an OTC tag? If I tag a bird early in the trip I plan on trying Wyoming. Thanks In advance.

State line gas station. First exit off the interstate when you cross into Wyoming. I tried that in 2020 during covid. Their computer was down and she said even if it wasn't they couldn't sell me one because I was out of state and due to covid it wasn't allowed. That wasn't true, so I drove to Hulett Hardware.

cthemfall514

Quote from: deathfoot on March 28, 2023, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: cthemfall514 on March 27, 2023, 11:24:12 PM

State line gas station. First exit off the interstate when you cross into Wyoming. I tried that in 2020 during covid. Their computer was down and she said even if it wasn't they couldn't sell me one because I was out of state and due to covid it wasn't allowed. That wasn't true, so I drove to Hulett Hardware.

Appreciate it, thinking that is what I might do. Hopefully get into some birds early on in SD. You have any luck when you went?

cthemfall514

Quote from: mnbirdbuster on March 28, 2023, 02:52:14 PM
South side of the Black Hills I'd recommend Newcastle probably? North side you can get tags in Beulah at the Stateline Gas Station

Appreciate it.

OJR

Hardware store in Hulett, and then a cheeseburger at the Ponderosa Cafe!

joey46

The WY game and fish web site list license outlets by city.  If I hadn't bought mine on line before last May's visit I would have called one listed to confirm hours and availability.  Good luck.

cthemfall514

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll give those places a call and find out but thinking of grabbing the tag at Beulah and working my way south from there. Hopefully weather holds and birds gobble good. Thanks again