OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shannon Push Pin Protector

Started by Greg Massey, March 05, 2023, 01:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Has anything been finished in making a carry case for Shannon push Pin ... ONE out of leather?

Old Gobbler

It's in the works , should be nice ... I have to provide what we call a "buck" it's a hardwood block with a pin dowel ..it's so the leatherworker can make them .Don Stear is going to handle it , he's a fellow UPS driver and a workaholic so it will be done right  .

I've made the pushpins with varying length pins for years now so the holster with either have a hole in the bottom or a suspended drop/holder   ..with pushpins nother is more annoying then taking a step and "chirp" so this will fix all issues 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

the Ward

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 05, 2023, 02:38:02 PM
It's in the works , should be nice ... I have to provide what we call a "buck" it's a hardwood block with a pin dowel ..it's so the leatherworker can make them .Don Stear is going to handle it , he's a fellow UPS driver and a workaholic so it will be done right  .

I've made the pushpins with varying length pins for years now so the holster with either have a hole in the bottom or a suspended drop/holder   ..with pushpins nother is more annoying then taking a step and "chirp" so this will fix all issues
That sounds great, looking forward to seeing them. Definitely going to want one.

JeffC

Have 3 different holsters from Yoder, they are fantastic, and a lot less to worry about when carrying a call in one of Yoders holsters. Can't wait to have one for a push pin that I probably can't replace.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

the Ward

Quote from: JeffC on March 05, 2023, 03:51:19 PM
Have 3 different holsters from Yoder, they are fantastic, and a lot less to worry about when carrying a call in one of Yoders holsters. Can't wait to have one for a push pin that I probably can't replace.
Absolutely! That is a great point that I had not considered, definitely going to be careful!Going
to keep a close eye on what they develop.

Tyoung

I'll have an eye out for the call holder as well. Looking forward to it.

Mike kahn

I'll be watching for a call holder would be super nice to have .. if I supplied gator skin do you think we could work something out ? Would be a little extra flash back at camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobrunner

I am also looking for a holder for push pin call.

Yoder409

I've been receiving a lot of inquiries..........and a lot of very generous offers of assistance in getting a Yoder409 carry system for Shannon's push pins into production.

Shannon is in the process of getting me a "buck" or "mock-up" or "dummy call".  Whatever you wanna name it.  Once I have that in hand, it'll be game-on for the design phase.  I have a picture in  my mind that I wanna run with.

BUT............. Please understand that Shannon is a busy guy.  I spent nearly 36 years doing the very same thing he does for a living.  I totally understand that level of busy.  It's not pretty.

I truly want to get something out there for all the kind folks who have supported the Yoder409 line of holsters in the past AND the folks who are waiting for us.  But we have yet to put anything out there that is less than 100%.  We don't want to.........nor will we........compromise our quality to rush something to the public.

All we ask is your patience.  I think we'll all be happy with the end product.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tyoung

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 09, 2023, 09:55:31 PM
I've been receiving a lot of inquiries..........and a lot of very generous offers of assistance in getting a Yoder409 carry system for Shannon's push pins into production.

Shannon is in the process of getting me a "buck" or "mock-up" or "dummy call".  Whatever you wanna name it.  Once I have that in hand, it'll be game-on for the design phase.  I have a picture in  my mind that I wanna run with.

BUT............. Please understand that Shannon is a busy guy.  I spent nearly 36 years doing the very same thing he does for a living.  I totally understand that level of busy.  It's not pretty.

I truly want to get something out there for all the kind folks who have supported the Yoder409 line of holsters in the past AND the folks who are waiting for us.  But we have yet to put anything out there that is less than 100%.  We don't want to.........nor will we........compromise our quality to rush something to the public.

All we ask is your patience.  I think we'll all be happy with the end product.

No it's not pretty, that's for sure. But I can say I truly appreciated my UPS guy, the best actually.

Especially on those days when a turkey call was in route, being a tukey hunter himself he would recognize the return address and handle with extra special care, wrap it in plastic if it was a rainy day, etc.

How do I know he was a stand up honest guy? None of those packages ever got "lost" lol.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Yoder409

I've made the pushpins with varying length pins for years now so the holster with either have a hole in the bottom or a suspended drop/holder.........

I'm picturing total enclosure with a suspension "stirrup".  Having the pin sticking out the bottom gives me the willies.    :begging:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 09, 2023, 11:01:09 PM
I've made the pushpins with varying length pins for years now so the holster with either have a hole in the bottom or a suspended drop/holder.........

I'm picturing total enclosure with a suspension "stirrup".  Having the pin sticking out the bottom gives me the willies.    :begging:
I agree, no pin out the bottom in a suspension with an angled slot for the bottom peg totally inside the holster. Make it large enough it fits his longest pin design and a shorter pin should still ride in it just fine I would think.

the Ward

I was brainstorming a bit, and I am thinking of using a small pelican box with some foam in
it cut out to fit the call like a mini gun case. Then wrap it in vinyl camo. Then I can either hook it
to vest with a carabiner or setup like a chest rig attached to vest d-rings. Or just use a chest
rig perhaps? The pelicans come in different sizes and are sturdy and waterproof, we use them
kayaking to put phones, keys and wallets in. Wouldn't look nice like a leather case, but it would
be a functional, make do option till a nicer one is made. Drawback is that pelican case will probably
be on the bigger, bulky side, size wise.

roosterstraw

Quote from: the Ward on March 10, 2023, 09:25:46 AM
I was brainstorming a bit, and I am thinking of using a small pelican box with some foam in
it cut out to fit the call like a mini gun case. Then wrap it in vinyl camo. Then I can either hook it
to vest with a carabiner or setup like a chest rig attached to vest d-rings. Or just use a chest
rig perhaps? The pelicans come in different sizes and are sturdy and waterproof, we use them
kayaking to put phones, keys and wallets in. Wouldn't look nice like a leather case, but it would
be a functional, make do option till a nicer one is made. Drawback is that pelican case will probably
be on the bigger, bulky side, size wise.

I was thinking of the same thing.