OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Choke for Stevens 301 20GA

Started by NightHawk24, March 19, 2023, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

What's some of the best choke and ammo combinations you guys have shot in your 301s? I'm looking for a good even pattern and not something that is too extremely tight in close ranges. Good luck to everyone this upcoming year and happy shooting!  :fud:

Gmed

Try a .570 Sumtoy and Apex Ninjas

Uncle Tom

Quote from: NightHawk24 on March 19, 2023, 01:57:06 PM
What's some of the best choke and ammo combinations you guys have shot in your 301s? I'm looking for a good even pattern and not something that is too extremely tight in close ranges. Good luck to everyone this upcoming year and happy shooting!  :fud:
What ga.....20 or 410?

NightHawk24

20. Sorry I thought I had that in there.

Uncle Tom

Nighthawk, sorry I did not see it was a 20 ga. I have a 301 in 20 ga and it is 572 constriction stock choke that comes with the gun. I load TSS #9 and 1 5/8 oz and it will put 306 pellets in the 10" circle and 176 in the 20"....very even pattern and at 20 yards I got a good 15" circle to hit him.....shoot a Brrris III red dot with a Sumtoy mount. Have a Remington 870 Fieldmaster that will put 299 in the 10" circle with the same handloads. Mine has to been real clean to do this. I use DA alcohol on a cotton ball after cleaning and before shooting again...to get all the oils out and perfectly clean, dry barrel. It will not do this if the barrel is not clean. I believe that stock choke will give you what you want if gun is cleaned as described. Let us know how it goes.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gatrkyhntr70

Check out blue collar outdoors on YouTube, they have probably shot and tested the 301 20ga more than anyone.  In my experience the Indian creek. 555 and apex or foxtrot 9's are hard to beat
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

knightrider

The 555 in mine completely blowed the patteren out, stepped up to a 570 and bingo 300 all day long. No one can tell you best choke as every gun even in the same brand and model can be different