North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2023 plans

Started by reflexl, February 25, 2023, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Harrass the snot out of other teams.

With that taken care of as of right now and barring getting sick in the middle of turkey seasons like the last two years..............as of right now:

Hunting TN, Kentucky and Texas. Trying to put another one in the record book for muzzleloaders.
After NWTF did whatever it did to the muzzleloading records my eastern bird has the world record beard and world record spur by muzzleloader. I haven't even got to use the Huntsman after doing all that work on it.  It shoots as good or better than 90% of the turkey guns out there.
I would love to have a Rio in the top 10 as well. We are going to a private ranch in Texas that is supposed to hold some monster Rios. It is a miracle I am getting to hunt it. I am on the board of directors for HHI and one of the board members is holding the hunt for the rest of the board.

GobbleNut

Cool!  I am then assuming a high-scoring gobbler will be dispatched and added to the GOATS total...   :D

crow

GobbleNut

Quote from: reflexl on February 25, 2023, 12:34:29 PM
After NWTF did whatever it did to the muzzleloading records my eastern bird has the world record beard and world record spur by muzzleloader.

It is interesting that not only are we the best-looking team, as well as reigning contest champions, we also have multiple world record holders on the team!  Let's face it,...we are just pretty amazing,...not to mention modest, as well.   :angel9:

crow

I'm starting to feel the pressure already,
not sure if I'll be able to find a roadkill gobbler with unruffled feathers like last year.

reflexl

Quote from: crow on February 25, 2023, 01:25:02 PM
I'm starting to feel the pressure already,
not sure if I'll be able to find a roadkill gobbler with unruffled feathers like last year.

Ill keep an eye out. Surely we can find something.

reflexl

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 25, 2023, 12:59:58 PM
Cool!  I am then assuming a high-scoring gobbler will be dispatched and added to the GOATS total...   :D

Absolutely. Records were made to be broken!

Happy

Morning cohorts,
I have a bunch of rough plans, but no final plans if that makes sense. I have a lot of stuff up in the air, and until the dust settles, I don't know what I am gonna be able to do. On the bright side, I weathered the winter exceptionally well and have emerged even leaner and better looking. So, in the meantime, it will be my normal two states, and depending on what happens, there may be a possibility of a 3rd. Harassment of the other teams is a given. I will really start ramping it up once a few of them work up the nerve to come out of hiding. Don't forget the travel call, I believe West Augusta will be using it in Florida shortly, but it will be making the rounds depending on who can use it next. I think there is a second call traveling with it. Plans were for that one to be signed and given to Gnut. That is if he minds his manners and doesn't get to full of himself

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

reflexl

Got my Kentucky license. Supposed to finalize my Texas plans this weekend.

RLAG

Hey guys, new member to the goats here. I got a bit ambitious this spring unintentionally(things just kept lining up).

I'm leaving for Florida Saturday for a quota tag I drew and wasn't planning on drawing. Home state of SC opens March 22 and I get 3 birds here. If that goes well, I may hit NC while I'm in DNR timeout (1 bird in first 10 days of the season in sc). I'll be headed to Indiana for the opener and if that goes well, Michigan is a backup time permitting. I'll be flying to Montana for a week in May. Should Florida go well, I may try to squeeze in a Washington rio for a single season slam. A lot of this hinges on how cooperative the birds are this year...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

crow

avidnwoutdoorsman

Goals:
Have a kid - done

Hunt NorCal

Shoot another Washington Slam

Have my twins in the blind while I kill a bird

Sleep on the couch because I went turkey hunting too much, called in the house too much, or talked about turkeys too much

Talk to the "Bob's" at work because I went turkey hunting too much, spent too much time escouting while on the clock, spent too much time not working and talking about turkeys
Keep Calm and Gobble On!

reflexl

Got my Kentucky and Texas license. Texas hunt starts April 14th and KY May 1st. TN opens April 15th but I'll be in TX. First TN hunt will be April 22nd.

TauntoHawk

I have a few simple goals for the year

As a new and first time property owner it's to have a family member or myself take our first bird from the cabin land. Since we first looked at the place I've been dreaming of having a bird hanging from the deck while I finish a morning cup of coffee

Secondly a trip I've taken with my father the last two years and have had some really good success on I will be taking my wife this time so it'd be to see her tag a few hard gobbling northeastern birds and enjoy the mountains together.

Third one of my father's employees lost her husband suddenly last year, they had just bought a hunting cabin and her teenagers have expressed interest in turkey hunting so I plan to get those boys out a few times between youth season and regular

In-between that I'll hunt in a minimum of 3 states as I possess those tags already, I'd like the add an early state in April for a weekend of sleep in the truck adventures on new ground, those are some of my favorite hunts but I'm running out of time to plan and weekends could be lost to work and (kids) spring sports conflicts.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eggshell

Well as things go, this year doesn't have any new plans. I plan to hunt my two old standbye states, Ohio and Kentucky.  I had hoped to do New Mexico and Utah, but conflicts and finances changed that.
Oh yeah, my Ohio plan is to find and kill the twin brother to my fall gobbler that scored 75+.