OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NWTF Call Auctions

Started by hpo, February 25, 2023, 01:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Briana Alley and her husband run the call auction and she is on Facebook and if you message her she can answer any question about the NWTF Auction ... She is a fine lady and willing to help anyone ... She volunteers a lot of time to the NWTF...  Briana's husband is the one who designed the Software that was used for the NWTF ...

turkey stew

When they use to do the silent auction at Nationals they sold in sections(lots). Everyone had a chance to bid before it was closed. I'm sure they are replicating the process with the online auction.

hpo

Despite my complaints, pleased to be able to purchase a slew of calls from gifted call-makers. I enjoy the heck out of being able to run several high end calls side by side to find my hen.

Just paid my hefty bill.

Rouse & Mero trumps, among others-all to satisfy my addiction. One Jones trumpet was not a looker IMO, but screamed turkey. No award winners in the judges eyes, but all are straight Winners in my book.
Shoot'em in the Face!

bowbird87

I was able to get the Rutland and mahoe 2nd place box from Val Espinoza.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2023, 05:38:30 PM
I finally won Greg Gwaltney trumpet - Kingwood - placed 7th out of 45 entries ... I had some of those 5 minute harassment before i won... It was the only item i was bidding on...

I also got one of Greg's, his mopane 2nd Place trumpet in the amateur division.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

vt35mag

Snagged the Lapp Osage jordan, and Ironwood and Bocote trumpets.

hpo

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2023, 08:25:39 PM
Briana Alley and her husband run the call auction and she is on Facebook and if you message her she can answer any question about the NWTF Auction ... She is a fine lady and willing to help anyone ... She volunteers a lot of time to the NWTF...  Briana's husband is the one who designed the Software that was used for the NWTF ...

Thanks-I did send an email via the NWTF website.
Shoot'em in the Face!

EastKyGobblerSlayer

Quote from: bowbird87 on February 26, 2023, 11:33:06 AM
I was able to get the Rutland and mahoe 2nd place box from Val Espinoza.
If that's the green box he had there I'll trade you two calls for the one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slicksbeagles1

They took the fun away for me when they did away with the in person auction! I spent plenty of money then but now if I win one ok if not so what. To many things can happen with online auctions, people and organizations can drive up prices and no one knows what's going on, at least in person no flim flaming. In my opinion just the direction they are heading. They can say what they want but since 2004 the calls have dwindled down and when you see the call tables and there is more duck calls than turkey calls that should tell you something. Since they shafted Karen Cavender and others it has become what it is now! I just realized that Kevin must be Brianna's husband.

Greg Massey

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on February 26, 2023, 08:22:57 PM
They took the fun away for me when they did away with the in person auction! I spent plenty of money then but now if I win one ok if not so what. To many things can happen with online auctions, people and organizations can drive up prices and no one knows what's going on, at least in person no flim flaming. In my opinion just the direction they are heading. They can say what they want but since 2004 the calls have dwindled down and when you see the call tables and there is more duck calls than turkey calls that should tell you something. Since they shafted Karen Cavender and others it has become what it is now! I just realized that Kevin must be Brianna's husband.
Yes her husband is Kevin

turkey stew

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on February 26, 2023, 08:22:57 PM
I agree. The old silent auction was the best! The only categories that had good numbers of entries are trumpets, wingbones, and pot calls.

Greg Massey

Moving the location this year didn't set well with a lot of call builders either ....