turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 Vest (Tethrd)

Started by wyetterp, February 18, 2023, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainhunter1

Carl said that you pick either the hydration bag of the bird bag when you check out and you get one of your choice for the 300.00. So, unless you want to get both the hydration bag and the bird bag together, or to add vertical bags, the cost is going to be $300.00.

That is a CRAZY price to me, but when I saw that I could use that velcro system and put all of my storage wherever I wanted in in those two horizontal pockets, man that is a game changer. It lets you set up your storage in an infinite number of ways and to switch sides if you are right or left handed on how you load your stuff. From the way it is built, it would likely be the last vest you buy, or the last one for a long time anyway. Unless you hunted all across the country like Dave Owens every year, I just don't see you wearing this vest out. I am presently on the Glenda Green satchel train, but for those who keep having to buy a vest every two to three years for around 120-180 give or take dollars due to cheaper materials and the expected wear and tear from cheaper made stuff, - the 300.00 up front to buy this might be a better way to go in the long run.

Plus, you can configure that same vest and use it in the whitetail woods and they have it designed where it can carry your platform if you saddle hunt. That again is a big deal. And the waist belt will take all weight off of your shoulders and for those of who hunt from day light to dark in the mtns or other tough terrain, that would be sweet real fast. It is a big investment, but it is so well thought out that I can see a lot of folks biting the bullet and getting one of those.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Matt76cmich

I still think $300 for the only American made and sourced turkey vest isn't bad (just bought one).  I really like my Grounded vest, but I'm hoping the M2 works out for me because I have been trying really hard to switch most of my hunting and fishing products over to made in America products.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bingoman on February 26, 2023, 04:04:19 PM
I wonder if the backpack and birdbag can be used together

From what I have seen on it , no. I would just get the bird bag that comes in the standard package. It will hold anything the backpack would and it has the place for the bladder. The backpack makes no sense to me when the bird bag does the same. Just my opinion.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 07, 2023, 04:43:55 PM
Quote from: Bingoman on February 26, 2023, 04:04:19 PM
I wonder if the backpack and birdbag can be used together

From what I have seen on it , no. I would just get the bird bag that comes in the standard package. It will hold anything the backpack would and it has the place for the bladder. The backpack makes no sense to me when the bird bag does the same. Just my opinion.

You can get both, but you can only run one at the time. The only real advantage that I can see on the bird bag is if you are hunter who likes to carry their harvested turkey back there as the old traditional vest was designed to do. No matter how good of a hunter that you are - you will generally always spend much more time hunting than you will carrying turkeys out - so for practical purposes of carrying a range finder, lunch, snacks and an extra rain jacket, etc. - the hydration bag just is more practical and all your stuff you carry can be zipped/cinched up where nothing can be lost.

But after watching the videos and seeing the whole lay out, I can see why someone would buy one of those for 300 dollars.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

MNGobbler

Love the idea and how they are laid out. In addition, it is made in the USA and that is a good thing as well. While the price is expensive for most it will be a one time investment as it will never wear out. So if you look at it that way then the $299 price tag isn't bad. If you get 10 years out of it think of it as $30 per year.. We spend more than that most years on things we really don't need but think we do.. lol

Dtrkyman

Nice set up, the side pouches concern me if you fill them up, maybe in the way of your arms?

I may buy their pouches and add them to my RNG200?

TBoo

So somebody please correct me.  From what i believe I read, it is $299 with either the bird bag or the backpack.  Then if you want to add the additional pouches vertically on the back it is $50 extra.  That's $350?  Love the fact it is made in USA and you can customize it, but that's still a stretch for me realistically for a vest.  Nice looking vest and options though.

Mallard1897

I've redacted the name of the state to protect the innocent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Archivist13

Quote from: Mallard1897 on March 08, 2023, 05:52:28 PM
I've redacted the name of the state to protect the innocent.

I watched this video this afternoon and thought how ironic it was the entire time.

Terry

I bought one, if it works for me it will be money well spent. I've lost more than that trying and selling a lot of vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDeal

Quote from: TBoo on March 08, 2023, 04:21:27 PM
So somebody please correct me.  From what i believe I read, it is $299 with either the bird bag or the backpack.  Then if you want to add the additional pouches vertically on the back it is $50 extra.  That's $350?  Love the fact it is made in USA and you can customize it, but that's still a stretch for me realistically for a vest.  Nice looking vest and options though.

Yes it looks like you get basically 2 pockets in the front and the game bag for $300 if I understand correctly and have to pay a bunch more to add pockets. Way overpriced to get so little storage capacity. I don't like a turkey vest for deer hunting either so I would never use it for that. I would have no problem with the $300 price if it had better capacity.

Ranger

THP was paid money to come to my state and pimp the resource out on the internet. Don't think I'll be padding their pockets with any of my money.  However, looks like nice quality and I would love to support the Made in USA branding if it weren't funding their hunting while my states residents have had their hunting opportunities lessened drastically.

Y'all better love these internet rockstar's when you buy from them, you're paying for their hunting and travel while the regular Joe has his opportunities lessened, and from the advice of a biologist they support and help fund.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Borsy

I may have missed it, but has anyone gathered how the seat system works? It seems like that detail hasn't been covered by most of the info Ive seen. Is it more of an unclip to deploy system, or like a Cabela's speed seat system? I can't seem to get away from my Cabelas vests due to how much I like the speed seat.

Mallard1897

It appears to copy the speed seat design with the bungee straps with buckles.

aclawrence

Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 07, 2023, 04:33:04 PM
I still think $300 for the only American made and sourced turkey vest isn't bad (just bought one).  I really like my Grounded vest, but I'm hoping the M2 works out for me because I have been trying really hard to switch most of my hunting and fishing products over to made in America products.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Especially considering all the people that stood in line for hours and spent $450 on the new Fox vest. Not sure where it's made at. I'm be passing on both. I don't mind spending for some good USA quality. I've got a whole Kifaru pack system that was over twice as much as the M2. Those pockets on the M2 look too "in the way" to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk