OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2 Vest (Tethrd)

Started by wyetterp, February 18, 2023, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt76cmich

Hoping to check this out in person someday.  $300 for an American made and sourced product seems pretty reasonable to me when there are some vests made overseas for not much less.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

msm210

Does the backpack and bird bag come together for the price or do have the option of purchasing one or the other?  I can't seem to find much information on what is included in the initial purchase but they do reference optional accessories (Thermacel pouch).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Matt76cmich

Anyone by one today?  I saw they are available for purchase now and Tetherd posted some videos of the modularity.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

GuideGun

Final Rise did a similar designed vest last year and I bought one.  It was just okay as a turkey vest, thankfully I can use it for upland game instead of turkeys so I didn't waste my money, which it is an excellent design for upland game.  This M2 looks a little bit better designed for turkey.
Matt

Ridge Strutter

If I'm seeing the options correctly, it quickly becomes $450 vest.   But,  vest preferences are dependent upon the individual.   If it's what you want, then it's worth it.  Too minimalist for me...... I want a larger cushion. Lol

Old Timer

That can be a problem. Got to have that butt comfort. Some day these designers will get it right.

Bingoman

One could build a pretty awesome and similarly made in USA rig from marsupial gear. Lots more pouch, color options and excellent build quality.

Burtwill

I just bought one. Not 100% sure i will like it but we'll see. It does in general have everything i need and i hope the material is very breathable because SC in April can be miserable at times.

Mallard1897

Quote from: Ridge Strutter on March 07, 2023, 10:43:51 AM
If I'm seeing the options correctly, it quickly becomes $450 vest.   But,  vest preferences are dependent upon the individual.   If it's what you want, then it's worth it.  Too minimalist for me...... I want a larger cushion. Lol
Yeah I was kinda taken aback at how the base price of the vest didn't even include the pockets. I wouldn't consider pockets an add-on accessory but I understand some guys wanting to use their own specific molle gear.

THP did say that $30 of each purchase will go to turkey conservation efforts, $15 of that to the Mossy Oak turkey stamp. Didn't specify what turkey research the other $15 would go to. The Tethrd website mentions this but doesn't list that $30 figure. I like the idea of donating to turkey research but I think I'll stick to my old beat up vest and just buy the turkey stamp myself or donate to TFT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jmillwood21

It comes with two hip belt pockets, box call pouch, 2 pot call holders, strickers/shotgun shell holders. Come with some other things as well. Or you can add the two extra pockets that go on the back. Not really needed with what's included I wouldn't think. Maybe for some.

Jmillwood21

The marsupial one looks nice as well with a lot of options. Just no seat. And it cost more than the tethrd. 350 I believe.

TalknTurkey

I was hoping for the price it would include both the bird bag and hydro pack. Having the added flexibility to use it for different purposes would help me convince myself it was worth spending $300. As it stands with only getting one or the other for that price, I just can't justify it being worth it.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: TalknTurkey on March 07, 2023, 01:53:39 PM
I was hoping for the price it would include both the bird bag and hydro pack. Having the added flexibility to use it for different purposes would help me convince myself it was worth spending $300. As it stands with only getting one or the other for that price, I just can't justify it being worth it.

I believe the base model comes with the bird bag and the bird bag has a place that you can hang the bladder. The hydration system is a add on backpack that has the same setup for the bladder. In reality I would just keep the bird bag and use my bladder with it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Mallard1897

Quote from: Jmillwood21 on March 07, 2023, 12:44:56 PM
It comes with two hip belt pockets, box call pouch, 2 pot call holders, strickers/shotgun shell holders. Come with some other things as well. Or you can add the two extra pockets that go on the back. Not really needed with what's included I wouldn't think. Maybe for some.
My mistake I misread that they were in addition to the horizontal pockets provided with the vest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BDeal

Quote from: Ridge Strutter on March 07, 2023, 10:43:51 AM

Yikes. Way overpriced IMO