turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 Vest (Tethrd)

Started by wyetterp, February 18, 2023, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyetterp

Any info on the M2 vest tethrd put out at the convention. So far I only saw one little small video & a few comments.

Looks to be pretty low profile & modular. That's the part I'm interested in. Can't really tell yet how those bags are sorted or the layout inside. I'd guess the hunting public guys gave some good input, hopefully.

I know tethrd from saddle hunting & they seem to keep up with the needs & ideas from the hunters that use their stuff. Glad to see them step into the turkey market. Hopefully it helps spark a little innovation & updating with a few things.

I really like the modular aspect. Really surprised more vest makers haven't done it already. I would love a light, low profile vest that I could move & put stuff where I want it.

I was hoping, and still hoping,  Mrs. Glenda Green would make an all molle type vest with a bunch of bags options to go along with it. I'd pay top dollar for that one for sure.

Any feedback or thoughts on the M2? Someone must have handled it at the convention.

Cheers!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Holtbensley

Looks like an awesome vest. Light weight and perfect for the minimalist from the videos I've seen but there is no way I'm paying 299.99 for that vest
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

wyetterp

Quote from: Holtbensley on February 18, 2023, 03:57:05 PM
Looks like an awesome vest. Light weight and perfect for the minimalist from the videos I've seen but there is no way I'm paying 299.99 for that vest

Yeah I agree with price. I can tell the way they're marketing it as a "hunting vest", that they're trying to justify the price for the hunter that saddle hunts along with a bunch of other styles. That it's made to be one vest style that works across the styles & you don't have to buy multiple vests.

However, looking at it just from a turkey perspective I also think it's priced a little to high, but that could possibly change when they really hit the market.

I've handled their backpacks & they are really good quality. Built well & should last a long time. Know a couple guys who love 'em. There CS has been great in my experiences. Plus its made in the USA!

I did read a few comments where the pouches do offer a good box holder & another pouch for pots. Wasn't sure if it would just be a general stuff pouch kind of thing.

Would love to see a long box or hen box option.   

I also want to know what the square pouch is on the straps. I'm guessing maybe a large side diaphragm holder, but just a guess.

Dtrkyman

Made in the USA.   Guys always want it until they see the price!  Not looking for a vest but it looks like a nice system.

wyetterp

Good point. I will spend a little extra for locally made. I feel quite sure the price will come down just a hair. I've seen them roll out a lot of newer stuff & quote a price then leveled off a little when they really got the ball rolling & people showed interest.

Makes me wonder what all comes with it. Is everything going to be sold separately, or how the base model will be set up.

Dtrkyman

Definitely interested in the base layout and options.  My rng200 is holding up surprisingly well so I am not likely to get a new vest soon, Sitka was the front runner but this one may now be there.

Hopefully by the time I need one another half dozen options will be available!

Not a lt of talk here about it and not a vest but FHF gear makes a chest rig you can customize for turks!

Howieg

Old Timer

Searching for more info on it. Might be good minimalist vest. Pricey but made in USA. Hopefully a good option.

wyetterp

Quote from: madstrutter on February 19, 2023, 11:38:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGcU4kGmQeM

Sweet. Thanks for posting that!

If it comes with the pack & the pouch I can understand the price & seems fair. Still thinking it will drop a hair.

I'm liking it more with the more I see. If they keep up with the type of accessories & attachment it will be a winner imo. I really like the waist belt for distributing weight.

The guy who made that video did say the square pouch on the left shoulder strap is for mouth calls & it's moveable to anywhere on the vest.

Might have found something to replace my grounded vest next year.

roosterstraw

Brillo

Gotta love our free enterprise economy.  I like the concept but can't see myself shelling out $300.00.  Bet the THP guys wouldn't get one either if they had to pay.  They are all young with many items in the budget.  Otherwise...nice concept.  Sorta like the Sitka tool belt but improved?

ScottTaulbee

In my opinion that looks to be the best vest I've seen put on the market. Every vest I've had has had a couple things that made me wonder what in the world was they thinking when they put that pocket there. With this one, move the pocket. USA made!. And the guys at tethrd are geniuses when it comes to making a good product and I guarantee whatever the price it'll be more durable and higher quality than any other vest on the market bar none. I'll definitely be buying one as soon as it becomes available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

I really like the adjustability and customization aspects of this vest. Seems very well built and should last. I haven't seen this vest in person yet, but I have a good bit of experience with Tethrd saddles and they are very well made and thought out. Considering most vests on the market are $100 to $100+++ I wouldn't have a problem dropping that kind of money for this one because it would handle the kind of abuse I would put it through, be cooler in hot weather than most, customizable to how I want and most likely wear better.

Definitely looking forward to checking this one out.

Old Timer

I am going to make a couple calls this week to see if I can get more info. If I do I will post it. Good day