turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Richard Hudson mini hen box

Started by Colton2020, January 31, 2023, 03:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

I have a TON of henboxes from Richard. Love every one of them. They all have their own sound and they're all turkey. I have a number of prototypes and gifts and experiments and even one "reject" named "Can't get right" that I wouldn't part with for $2,000. I actually don't know what that number would be that could get it away from me.
AND, like others have posted, salt of the earth good man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurtaker

He makes a good one for sure.

Just wait. He's coming!

Greg Massey

I have a special hen box of Richards and i agree 2000 dollars couldn't buy it ... It's Micarta over cherry .. A beautiful call and sounds awesome... Also people may not know this but Richard makes trumpets , he only makes a few and i have 2 of his trumpets ...

GuideGun

The only call I bought last year from grand nationals call making contest was Richard's 2nd place handled hen box. Just an absolutely beautiful call that sounds amazing.
Matt

Mathews.1

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2023, 10:14:46 PM
I have a special hen box of Richards and i agree 2000 dollars couldn't buy it ... It's Micarta over cherry .. A beautiful call and sounds awesome... Also people may not know this but Richard makes trumpets , he only makes a few and i have 2 of his trumpets ...
I agree Richard makes a great trumpet and what an awesome guy to talk to.

Bedge7767

Richard is a good man and a great call builder.
Jim

tal

I have a couple Turpins and an Osage trumpet from Richard, top notch. He's a turkey man like few. Also a couple of tube calls  :)

sixbird

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2023, 10:14:46 PM
I have a Micarta over something also (might be Chechen). I seem to recall it being one of the experiments. LOVE the sound of that call!
I think he only made a few.
Great collectors item if you're a fan of Richard, which I am.
I've wanted a trumpet from Richard but haven't pressed him for one yet.