OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Texas

Started by strut2, January 26, 2023, 10:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut2

Any of you fellows ever hunt turkeys in Texas? Have some time off work to burn the end of March, and turkey season is in then in south Texas. Is it feasible on public land? Or is it more of needing private land on a ranch/outfitter deal? Not looking for any spots, just wondering if it's doable before I waste time researching online that could be better spent persuing other options.

GobbleNut

Hunted Texas quite a bit over the years.  Very limited public land opportunity,...as in almost nonexistent.   
If you are talking about public land hunting, Texas is probably at the bottom of the list in terms of states to consider. 
Your private land opportunities are pretty much directly proportional to how much you are willing to spend to hunt.

Also, you might want to repost this in the general forum section...might get more responses there... :icon_thumright:

Yoder409

Quote from: GobbleNut on January 26, 2023, 10:39:08 PM
Very limited public land opportunity,...as in almost nonexistent.   
If you are talking about public land hunting, Texas is probably at the bottom of the list in terms of states to consider. 
Your private land opportunities are pretty much directly proportional to how much you are willing to spend to hunt.

Yep.

The good news is that outfitted Texas Rio hunts are very affordable, IMO.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.