OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dust bowl fail

Started by RustyBarrels, April 29, 2023, 11:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyBarrels

Passing through a logging road today i didn't expect to see the usual sights. Anyone in the Piedmont recently will tell ya that it's been mighty wet this recent week. It seems the birds are quick forget at the instant they see a ray of sun. A couple dustbowls litter the path and are used heavily.
Carolina clay is nothing noteworthy when the days get soupy. The flung refuse from God's pottery wheel makes a messy floor to play on.  Lo and behold the resident hens still think it's bath time.  That same uninteresting clay takes on an air of disappointment  with the gooey claw prints of a dissatisfied guest.  :toothy12:
Has anyone else out there witnessed such a thing?
AM storms tmrw should give our girls a fresh canvas. If I hunt that tract I'll try for a photo op, and post an update.

Lcmacd 58

Interesting read for sure .....

Marc

I am not sure I understand what is happening?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Greg Massey

Lcmacd 58

I spotted 6 hens in a freshly worked up field right after a heavy rain .... I thought something was wrong with them ....they were all laying on their sides with their heads stretched out

g8rvet

I don't read iambic pentameter.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.