OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bought a new 20 GA killer today

Started by mossybird, June 19, 2011, 01:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossybird

Hey guys. I finally bought a 20 guage. Its a Mossberg 500 20 GA. It has a hardwood stock. The background check got delayed. So im gonna go pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with this gun. Patterns maybe?

surehuntsalot

with the right choke and shells,it will kill turkeys all day long and you will forget about that heavy 12ga
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobblergls

Quote from: mossybird on June 19, 2011, 01:45:56 PM
Patterns maybe?

Look in the last 12 threads wherever you see Mossy or Mossberg.

dawei

Quote from: mossybird on June 19, 2011, 01:45:56 PMHey guys. I finally bought a 20 guage. Its a Mossberg 500 20 GA. It has a hardwood stock. The background check got delayed. So im gonna go pick it up tomorrow. I was wondering if any of you guys have any experience with this gun. Patterns maybe?
I have used a a 26" Mossberg Mdl 500C as my primary turkey gun since 2000. I am extremely pleased with it's performance. I smacked a 25lb Merriams gobbler this past April at 42yds. I was shooting Winchester® Supreme® High Velocity 3" Mag 1 5/16oz #4Pb (#STH2034) through a Wrights® Swarm™ .555" choke; and put 19 pellets in his head and neck. The bird was dead before his beak hit the dirt!

There are a lot of fine turkey loads available to you. (I'll try to dig up some patterns.)

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"