OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tulipwood butternut one sider

Started by Sim1982, December 22, 2022, 04:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim1982

Got this absolute smoker in the mail today from Jeff White. I sent him a board of tulip awhile back and to say I'm pleased with the outcome is an understatement. Jeff is a awesome guy and I can't wait to get some more made I'm gonna have to start stock piling even more boards of tulip it's by far my favorite wood for turkey calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sim1982

greentrout

That turned out great! Jeff is great to deal with and builds a super call. I see more in my future as well!
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

3bailey3

Very nice where did you get all that tulip wood?

turkey stew

Sharp looking and I'm sure fine sounding one sider from Jeff.

gobrunner

Sim1982

It's a Gem. I have a large collection of short boxes and one siders and this one here is up there at the top of my list of favorites it's a fun one to run I can't wait to hunt it. Can't wait to get more combos with this tulip I'm getting a tulip over mulberry next made by Jeff I can't wait to see how it turns out

Sim1982

Quote from: 3bailey3 on December 22, 2022, 05:25:26 PM
Very nice where did you get all that tulip wood?
I have a local source it's very hard to find now that it's on the cities no harvest or import list so what's here in the U.S is it and once it's gone it's gone so I'm stock piling it

packmule

Wow! Beautiful wood, looks more like canary wood, gorgeous call. Congratulations.

Yoder409

Great call by a great maker !!!

CONGRATS !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

mountainhunter1

Beautiful call brother. Thanks for sharing. We may have to change your middle name to tulipwood. I just got a great call from Jeff recently myself. Jeff pointed me to a sound file of one of the box calls he made with your wood, but I did not think that it was a one sider, but maybe it was and I just did not catch that. Either way, I really like that - especially the tulipwood being paired with the butternut.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Sim1982

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on December 27, 2022, 01:43:11 PM
Beautiful call brother. Thanks for sharing. We may have to change your middle name to tulipwood. I just got a great call from Jeff recently myself. Jeff pointed me to a sound file of one of the box calls he made with your wood, but I did not think that it was a one sider, but maybe it was and I just did not catch that. Either way, I really like that - especially the tulipwood being paired with the butternut.
Thanks bud it's a phenomenal call I plan on getting a bunch more tulip combos made I have a pile of it. He made some tulip ceder short boxes with the tulip I sent him that sounded just as good as the tulip butternut. I'm sending him another board this week he is currently making me a tulip mulberry now I can't wait to get that one

mountainhunter1

That tulipwood not only sounds like a turkey, it makes a great looking call. I heard one of the tulip over cedar boxes posted on Jeff's page and it sounded really good. I want to hear that tulip over mulberry when you get it back. Hope you had a good Christmas turkey slayer.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Greg Massey

That's a fine looking call from an awesome call builder ...

Beards and Hooks

Awesome looking call, and I heard she's a horny hen.....

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk