Luke95

30 yds Sumtoy custom .562 Mossberg 500c 26 inch barrel
Fiocchi #6 golden pheasant
58 in an 8 inch circle

Winchester #5 xx mag
45 in 8 inch

Remington Premier magnum  ???
38  :o in a 8 inch circle

I think that when I have my scope more dead one the numbers will improve amazingly. We were working on sighting my gun in and it did not go well.
Sumtoy Get Choked

redarrow

Something don't seem right for sure.Shoot it at 10 yards and check poi/poa.

Luke95

I just talked to will at sumtoy and he said to try federal shells because they have the flitecontrol and my choke is designed to shoot that winchester and hevi shot the best so I got the order for the stuff to try.
Sumtoy Get Choked

fountain

first off go get some big pcs of cardboard and some birshot.  get bout 10-15 yards away and get the poi/poa of the scope dialed in.  once its blowing holes through the spot you are aiming at, then back up and pattern..still with a big piece of cardboard or paper..something big so that it will catch all the pattern and you can see what ya got going on and make adjustments, if any.  the hevi 13 and the feds will shooot very well through that choke in the 20s.

keep us posted

Devastator

Quote from: fountain on June 19, 2011, 09:24:19 AM
first off go get some big pcs of cardboard and some birshot.  get bout 10-15 yards away and get the poi/poa of the scope dialed in.  once its blowing holes through the spot you are aiming at, then back up and pattern..still with a big piece of cardboard or paper..something big so that it will catch all the pattern and you can see what ya got going on and make adjustments, if any.  the hevi 13 and the feds will shooot very well through that choke in the 20s.

keep us posted
well put!

surehuntsalot

try some Winchester and Federal shells through it and see what happens
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

chatterbox

Quote from:  link=topic=11083.msg131597#msg131597 date=1309958119
Shooting at small targets is a waste of time and shells unless you already have the POA/POI worked out.
Hal is spot on. You need to shoot at a 36"X 36" piece of paper to know where the densest part of your pattern is. Then you adjust your sights accordingly. By shooting at a pie plate sized target, you have zero idea where the bulk of your load is hitting.

WyoHunter

Quote from: chatterbox on July 06, 2011, 05:39:58 PM
Quote from:  link=topic=11083.msg131597#msg131597 date=1309958119
Shooting at small targets is a waste of time and shells unless you already have the POA/POI worked out.
Hal is spot on. You need to shoot at a 36"X 36" piece of paper to know where the densest part of your pattern is. Then you adjust your sights accordingly. By shooting at a pie plate sized target, you have zero idea where the bulk of your load is hitting.
Good advice!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!