OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Satisfied !?

Started by fadetoblack188, February 11, 2023, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadetoblack188

Would you be satisfied with this?

40 yards
Apex tss 9
Franchi affinity 3 compact 20g
Trulock 585

Or would you want tighter?

fadetoblack188

Can't get photo to load stand by

fadetoblack188

Happy

I would be satisfied. That would work all day long for me.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mountainhunter1

I cannot see all of what would be the approximate outer 20 inch of your pattern, but from what I can see,it appears that the outer 20 is just about as good as your ten. I agree with Happy and would hunt with that early and often.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

fadetoblack188

I guess I should have taken a 20 yard shot after this and made sure it was on.  Should 20 yards be on or close enough judging off this 40 yard shot?

mountainhunter1

If you are dialed in at 40, I have yet to see a shotgun not also on at 20 yards. Maybe there could be an exception, but it really does not make sense for that to happen. I would not waste a shell - you are ready for the woods. But do remember, and forgive me for saying it if you already know, but you better be on him real good at that close 15-20 range as it will be a very small pattern up that close.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

runngun

He ain't a walking away from that one. But you better be on his butt any closer, 15 or 20 with the old ticker pounding and you are gasping for air!!! Whew!!!

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

jordanz7935

It's a good hunting pattern for sure!! Personally, I'd hunt that pattern if I was running bead/open sights. If I was running optics I'd want to tighten it up a bit.

fadetoblack188

So I only have 251 in that 10 inch circle. It looks like some guys are getting a lot more then that at 40.

I feel if I tighten it up more with like a 575 it's going to make those 20 yard shots that much harder

Thoughts?

owlhoot

Quote from: fadetoblack188 on February 12, 2023, 08:42:39 AM
So I only have 251 in that 10 inch circle. It looks like some guys are getting a lot more then that at 40.

I feel if I tighten it up more with like a 575 it's going to make those 20 yard shots that much harder

Thoughts?

Used to be a standard of 100 hits in the 10" at 40 yards killed turkey all season long.
Now look at what you have there. Heck of a hunting pattern you have I believe.

fadetoblack188

Grabbed a un ported 585 to see if it shoots better than the current 585 ported.

Also a 575 to see what alittle tighter looks like