OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cow horn yelper

Started by barry, August 17, 2022, 11:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Not long ago I had the privilege to run a cow horn yelper made by Kyle Sylvester.
It was without a doubt the sweetest call of that type that I have ever run.
With Mr. Sylvester having passed away who makes the best cow horn yelper these days?

Sir-diealot

There was a young man at Turkey Trot Acres making them last year, sounded good to me. I had hoped to get one from him there this year but he will not be there this year. I will try to get you his name, I can't remember it at this time.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

callmakerman

Quote from: barry on August 17, 2022, 11:12:46 AM
Not long ago I had the privilege to run a cow horn yelper made by Kyle Sylvester.
It was without a doubt the sweetest call of that type that I have ever run.
With Mr. Sylvester having passed away who makes the best cow horn yelper these days?
Gary Bunofsky makes a real nice one. He goes by nebo on here.

Chuck1443

I got one from a member on here. The name inside is Kyle /Terrell , great sounding call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Curtis Terrell makes one of the best... he's on Facebook ... he builds all kinds of calls ...  But his cow horn yelper is awesome ...

Sir-diealot

The young man's name was Scott Lane. Mr. Terrell has been telling people to contact Lewis Stowe on his Facebook page.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Ranger

Quote from: Sir-diealot on August 18, 2022, 09:30:22 PM
The young man's name was Scott Lane. Mr. Terrell has been telling people to contact Lewis Stowe on his Facebook page.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Boy I wish, those were the days.  Dont have Facebook but getting videos from Lewis running calls for you to decide between, and sharing hunts and stories and testimony on the phone... the finest gentleman.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough