OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

RABID FOX

Started by 310 gauge, August 09, 2022, 06:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

310 gauge

As expected, the Gray Fox that bit my Daughter in Law showed up Positive for Rabies. This means at least 3 more shots, in addition to the one she had yesterday. Plus, their inside pet Beagle has to be quarantined for 45 days. He slipped out the door when he heard the foray and my Son found a small puncture wound. The Beagle and all other pets on the scene are up on their shots and with expirations over a year away. This is the first reported case this Summer in our County, although neighboring Counties have had several. A lot of young predators are having to fend for themselves so competition for food sources bring them closer to mankind. This includes the sick and their usual inhabitations are non existent. Be on alert when outside and especially aware of your children and their surroundings. Venomous snakes are not the only critters that might take a bite out of you if the right circumstances unfold. Thanks to all my O.G. friends that have offered prayers and wishes for my Daughter in Law and family. And once again for our PUTTING  little Hen that gave me just enough notice to put an end to the threat that started these problems.   

Yoder409

I feel ya, brother.  My daughter (15 at the time) had to go through the rabies series after contact with a bat. 

Prayers going up from PA for a very positive resolution for all involved.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

guesswho

Continued prayers for a full and speedy recovery for your Daughter in law.   And I hope the pup and other critters are fine.   Glad you were able to kill it before it had a chance to attack somebody or something else.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Agree, lots of prayers .. please keep us updated ....

ChesterCopperpot

Really sorry to hear that. And really glad you didn't get bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tal

Prayers. Being on the top of the situation is worth its weight in gold.

WV Flopper

10 years or so ago....I rolled up in the Day Care to pick up my son, normal Friday early fall. I came through the second double door into the day care and the women were in there pointing behind me. There on the stoop stood a grey fox.

I talked with the women and he had been spotted a couple times throughout the day. They wanted him dead. So...I walk out to my ride and get my pistol which lives in my truck. Put on a long coat and follow the foxes path around the building to a church. I find the fox and dispatch, remove to my truck.

I go in and wash my hands and the lady's start to question me. I tell them I have the fox in my truck, they say the game warden wants him. I say, "I want my kid I am outta here." I throw the fox off at the dumpster and scoot, passed the GW about 12 miles up the road. Didn't want No part of that!

Best of luck to the daughter.

vt35mag

Sorry to hear this, wish her the best.
My dad had to get the rabies shots when he was elected the town dog catcher, not a fun series of shots!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

It is becoming a thing here in NY in the Finger Lakes Region, a couple of people were bit by a rabid red fox here in my county this Spring and now there have been some cases North of me though I do not know the details on those. With the red fox the last woman that was bit (one of 3 or 4 people bit) fell on it and pinned it there, I guess that is something they teach but not so sure I would want to do that. I just found out about the other cases North of me this past week and have no details. I have to get my girl her rabies shots next month as a matter of fact. Prayers for the family human and otherwise.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

I'll keep some positive thoughts for her as i go through my day.
Best wishes and keep us posted.

Muzzy61

Prayers for your daughter.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Sorry to hear this, prayers for your daughter and family

jhoward11

UGH...sorry to hear she has to go through that. Prayers

ChesterCopperpot

You might've saved her life by going back and finding it. They hadn't tested it she might've opted out of the injections and there she'd be. That's scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dah

Over thirty years ago we had a rash of skunks in the calve barn . We had a calve start acting strange and had to handle it not knowing why it was acting up . The next morning it was foaming at the mouth . In those  days it was fourteen consecutive days of shots . Better than the alternative after watching the calve go thru its death . We had to let it die natural for a confirmed test . I exterminated more than thirty skunks that summer around that barn , unreal , also saw rabies in others , The rabid ones could run like the wind . Took a few weeks but I eliminated them .Unreal you were armed at that moment when that fox showed up , I wish all of yours the best , Thank the Lord for vaccines and tell your family to keep their heads on a swivel . Could be more . Prayers .